Special thanks to Native Watercraft and Coastal Paddler

preacherman
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Special thanks to Native Watercraft and Coastal Paddler

Post by preacherman »

I bought a Native Magic 14.5 from John at Coastal Paddler a few months ago and last month found a crack on one of the scupper holes. I contacted John and emailed him some pics. He contacted Native and sent them the pics. They then proceeded to MAKE ME A NEW KAYAK because they were sold out. I just picked it up yesterday, and John even went as far as to take the time to reinstall my anchor trolley on the new yak, too.

Kudos to Native and to Coastal Paddler. I am now an even more loyal customer than before! :D :D :D :D :D
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

I would love to hear about your thoughts on how it performs.
preacherman
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by preacherman »

I went from a OK Drifter to a Native Magic 14.5, and I absolutely love it! The boat is heavy, around 70#, but it is balanced well enough that I grab both handles from one side and pick it up to rest on my hip and walk it to the water. I've paddled up to probably 5 miles round trip and find it tracks straight and glides well. It is harder to turn since its longer, but that's probably true on any yak above the 12' range.

My wife paddled it one time and wanted one, so I bought her a Magic 12, which is a lot lighter. I'm 270# and took it out for a paddle one day with the scupper holes plugged, and it paddled fine, too.

BTW- I can paddle my 14.5 without the plugs in with all my gear and no water in the cabin.

I love it! Native has my vote 100%:D :D :D :D :D :D