Jackson Kayak Warranty Claim

DumpTruck

Jackson Kayak Warranty Claim

Post by DumpTruck »

I recently fell out of my kayak, a 2012 Cuda 14. Seat in the high position, I was moving along at a good clip, when my yak slid up sideway on a submerged, unseen rock. It didn't flip, but I lost my balance and slid in, taking the seat with me. No big deal, I just got wet. My dad thought it was hilarious.

When I went to put the seat back in, I noticed the threads had popped on the strap that holds the buckle to secure the seat to the kayak.

Image[/URL]

Long story short, I submitted a warranty claim to Jackson last Friday online. Yesterday (thursday) I recieved a brand new seat cover delivered to my door. I didn't pay a dime, not even shipping. I love my Cuda, and just wanted to give a thumbs up to Jackson Kayak for their excellent customer service.
pdt818
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club
Location: "All the muchachas call me big pappa when i throw pesos their way"

Re: Jackson Kayak Warranty Claim

Post by pdt818 »

Very cool! Always awesome to hear about good customer service.
uplandrun

Post by uplandrun »

I have a Cuda 14. Last year with the seat in the high position I tried to tip my in another yak and I rolled in front of everyone else who was with us. Funny stuff to eat crow. Had to dive for thirty minutes to get all my stuff from the bottom of the frio.
Lesson learned about how little it takes to roll. I basically just shifted my upper body and away I went.
I love the Cuda it's a fishing machine.
GCARR

Post by GCARR »

DumpTruck where were you fishing?
MagicYaker

Post by MagicYaker »

Yup GREAT customer service, personal call to Cody and hooked me up with some plastic welding material no charge. Love this YAK!
DumpTruck

Post by DumpTruck »

GCARR wrote:DumpTruck where were you fishing?
It happened on the Devil's River. Flat water about 2' deep...
Walt_Trident13

Post by Walt_Trident13 »

That's a great story. I've been doing a lot of research and testing both the Cuda and the Native Slayer.
DumpTruck

Post by DumpTruck »

Walt_Trident13 wrote:That's a great story. I've been doing a lot of research and testing both the Cuda and the Native Slayer.

I hear ya. The Slayer was definitely in the running for me when I chose the Cuda. I really wanted the in hull storage of the Cuda though. Great for float trips, and I can shove my fishing rods in there too.