Congratulations to my ole friend, Jim Sammons!

TKFStubb
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Congratulations to my ole friend, Jim Sammons!

Post by TKFStubb »

January 20th, 2012 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Hemingway couldn't have made this up!

With a tale reminiscent of Hemingway's Old Man and the Sea, Episode 1 of Seaguar's Extreme Kayak Fishing Challenge airs on NBC Sports this Friday January 20th 2012 at 1:00 p.m. Eastern.

During the shooting of the first episode of the much-anticipated Seaguar's Extreme Kayak Fishing Challenge TV Series, Alaskan Howard McKim, Canadian Ken Whiting, and Californian Matt Moyer hooked up with world-renowned, big game kayak angler Jim Sammons at Hotel Punta Colorada in the East Cape of Baja, Mexico. Their goal: to catch marlin from their kayaks!

Soon after launching Howard's reel started to scream and his kayak gained speed, marking the beginning of an epic battle with a 300-pound blue marlin. The arm-wrenching battle saw Howard towed 11 miles out into the Sea of Cortez, with many anxious moments as the marlin would explode out of the water in a series of dynamic jumps.

"When I first hooked up, I knew I had a nice fish," explains Howard McKim, "but I think my jaw actually hit my knees when I saw the 300-pound blue leap out of the water the first time."

To make the situation even more interesting, fellow angler Matt Moyer hooked up with his own 120-pound striped marlin as he trolled bait while racing to keep up with Howard on his sleigh ride. The double marlin hook-up was the first of its kind and required quick action by Jim Sammons. "Landing a marlin safely from a kayak isn't a one-person job," explains Jim Sammons. "We needed to land and release Matt's marlin as quickly as possible so that we could continue to support Howard."

Tune in this Friday January 20th 2012 at 1:00 p.m. Eastern on NBC Sports to see how the story plays out!

Brendan Mark (613) 582-7154 or Brendan@helipress.com
Jim Sammons (619) 461-7172 or kayak4fish@cox.net

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About Seaguar: The inventor and world leader in fluorocarbon fishing line, has expanded its product offerings with the launch of Kanzen(TM) - an amazingly strong, smooth-casting premium braid line, and Senshi(TM) - a premium, clear monofilament line that provides the ideal balance of strength and sensitivity.
About Jim Sammons: A San Diego California native and certified fish and game licensed guide, Jim is recognized worldwide as a pioneer of modern day kayak fishing and an expert big game kayak fisherman. With his trademark fedora and his role as the host of the Kayak Fishing Show on WFN, Jim has become the most recognizable kayak angler in North America. But it's his infectious enthusiasm for the sport, his lively personality and his passion for sharing the sport with others which has made him the most popular kayak angler in the world and the perfect host for The Extreme Kayak Fishing Challenge.
More about Jim at JimSammons.com

About The Heliconia Press: Since World Champion kayaker Ken Whiting founded the company in 1998, The Heliconia Press has been a leader in outdoors media production. For more information about Heliconia's various TV and WebTV series, visit http://www.helipress.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jim Sammons
JimSammons.com
The Kayak Fishing Show
Game On Kayak Fishing Movie
La Jolla Kayak Fishing Adventures
East Cape Kayak Fishing
(619) 461-7172
Tombo

Re: Congratulations to my ole friend, Jim Sammons!

Post by Tombo »

Howard McKim guides out of Ketchikan Alaska and is not stranger to big fish.
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: Congratulations to my ole friend, Jim Sammons!

Post by Dandydon »

Wow, I am definitely impressed. Those California guys are way-out-there!
Please sign me up for some world-class-kayak marlin fishing, but can we keep it in Christmas Bay where I feel more comfortable in my yak & fighting fish, etc? Thanks, & tight lines to all big-fish-catchers,
--Dandydon