Team Ocean Kayak Video of the Day Killing Time

vincent
TKF 7000 Club
TKF 7000 Club

Team Ocean Kayak Video of the Day Killing Time

Post by vincent »

Spliced together a few redfish vids from this past weekend...the first fish in this vid pulled loose after I got
the fight I wanted out of it... :D and in the last fish I didn't hook the fish I was looking for...when I pull it past the point you'll see the fish I was
casting out shoot off the bank

http://www.teamoceankayak.com/videos/killingtime.wmv
Reel Yakkers

Re: Team Ocean Kayak Video of the Day Killing Time

Post by Reel Yakkers »

Nice vid! I'm gonna have to rig up a camera similiar to what you have, I love the view as soon as you set the hook! All of a sudden the camera goes up in the air and there goes the big bend in the rod, awesome! :clap:
Fin-Addict
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Fin-Addict »

vincent, how is your camera rigged up?
Reel Yakkers

Post by Reel Yakkers »

Fin-Addict wrote:vincent, how is your camera rigged up?

I believe he answered this question in another post, cant seem to find it though. He did some mcguiver sh** and rigged it to his ball cap with a bolt going through it. He could explain better.
Fin-Addict
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Fin-Addict »

Ben Fishing? wrote:
Fin-Addict wrote:vincent, how is your camera rigged up?

I believe he answered this question in another post, cant seem to find it though. He did some mcguiver sh** and rigged it to his ball cap with a bolt going through it. He could explain better.

I found the post but the pictures weren't very good. I couldn't see exactly how he did it
vincent
TKF 7000 Club
TKF 7000 Club

Post by vincent »

Here is a post about the setup....just take your camera in to a hardware store and find a short bolt that fits the tripod mount on bottom of the camera...drill a hole in the center of a baseball cap...place a washer over the bolt and shove up thru the cap...place another washer on the bolt then a nut...tighten....then screw the camera down tight and straight...I clip my float to the hat to keep it out of the way

http://www.texaskayakfisherman.com/foru ... at+and+cam

now you'll look like a dork with it on...people will stare.....boats think you're a cop of GW or something....it can get heavy on your head at times also...
Reel Yakkers

Post by Reel Yakkers »

vincent wrote:Here is a post about the setup....just take your camera in to a hardware store and find a short bolt that fits the tripod mount on bottom of the camera...drill a hole in the center of a baseball cap...place a washer over the bolt and shove up thru the cap...place another washer on the bolt then a nut...tighten....then screw the camera down tight and straight...I clip my float to the hat to keep it out of the way

http://www.texaskayakfisherman.com/foru ... at+and+cam

now you'll look like a dork with it on...people will stare.....boats think you're a cop of GW or something....it can get heavy on your head at times also...

Thanks for the repost Vincent. I just wish I could have my own personal camerman follow me around and not have to fool with it. hahaha :lol:
cameradoc

Post by cameradoc »

The threading on the tripod mounts are a standard 1/4in 20 thread. It can be so hard to get someone to help you at too many hardware stores these days! AND Bless those stores that still have knowledgable staff able and willing to help!