New Native Watercraft SOT

Bones@Lakeline

New Native Watercraft SOT

Post by Bones@Lakeline »

Wanted to share with you Native's new SOT set to be delivered this Spring. It has an integrated rudder and utilizes the Volt and Propel systems. It comes in two sizes and an angler option is available.

I saw the prototype but have yet to demo the real thing. I'll be sure to let you know when we get them in. We also plan to have one at our demo day.

Here is a full thread that I posted with additional details: http://www.lwnog.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=533

Roland J.
www.lakelinewatersports.com
Reel Blessed

Post by Reel Blessed »

sweeeeet ride, but not so sweet price tag :D
Night Wing
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Night Wing »

That price tag for a 12 footer is a might steep. :wink:
CC Bug Man

Post by CC Bug Man »

These new hybrids are neat, but I still like my Tarpon better than a "not-kayak".

Bill
Tricky Matt

Post by Tricky Matt »

$2200??? Steep!!
Finn Maccumhail
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Finn Maccumhail »

Maybe it's just me but that thing is UGLY. JMHO.

I like the Native boats and am saving for an Ultimate 14 but that thing is loco.
Lagunatic

Post by Lagunatic »

[quote="Finn Maccumhail"]Maybe it's just me but that thing is UGLY. JMHO.

No it's not just you.......that thing looks too funky for me.
Wise1

Post by Wise1 »

Im glad to see that Native is putting the first class seat on more SOT's now, I have the Magic 12, and it WAS the only SOT with the seat. I also like the back deck area on the yak. Looks stable! :D
Fish Tales
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Fish Tales »

I think I would just get a Carolina Skiff with that money and make payments for a year :D
cadruss2004
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by cadruss2004 »

As I recall from a demo day trial, that seat squeeks a lot.
The stern on that thing doesn't look too well thought out to me, but it could be they are keeping the stern/hull a bit of a secret.
That bow looks like a Whaler and will probably be noisy and choppy.
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

I like it. Shows imagination at Native. Thinking outside the box.
SOUTHWESTPADDLESPORTS
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club
Location: The Woodlands, TX...TEAM SOUTHWEST, Team Castaway Rods

Post by SOUTHWESTPADDLESPORTS »

If you consider the price of the Hobie Mirage yaks that have been on the market for some time now it's not that much more. The new Natives are sweet yaks and yes the price tag is more than a typical plastic yak, but the Natives come with the same great seat as the Ultimates, they are super stable, and come with a built in trolling motor. If you were to get a yak then add the trolling motor, battery and the added floation needed for the added weight you would be right at the same price. It's not a yak for everyone but it will find it's place in the market.

Chris
SWPS
281-292-5600
Bighead

Post by Bighead »

SOUTHWESTPADDLESPORTS wrote:If you consider the price of the Hobie Mirage yaks that have been on the market for some time now it's not that much more.
That's sort of what I was thinking...it seems to be priced competitively with other yaks in its class.

Bighead
Mitchw123456
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Mitchw123456 »

Bighead wrote:
SOUTHWESTPADDLESPORTS wrote:If you consider the price of the Hobie Mirage yaks that have been on the market for some time now it's not that much more.
That's sort of what I was thinking...it seems to be priced competitively with other yaks in its class.

Bighead
true... but man that things ugly
Coastal Country
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Post by Coastal Country »

It and the Hobie pro angler ain't going to win no beauty contests but I bet they'll excel at whatever they do
Carver
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Carver »

Javelina Russ wrote:It and the Hobie pro angler ain't going to win no beauty contests but I bet they'll excel at whatever they do
Exactly my thoughts JR.

Pretty isn't a requirement for me to appreciate it. It gets REAL pretty when it does it's job well and makes my fishing experience better.
What kind of shape would I be in if it reciprocated about pretty? Nah, pretty don't matter.

I don't think any of these manufacturers release products with this much of a departure from the norm without thinking it through very well. It cost a small fortune to put a rotomolded (or any new product ) into production and these guys are not dummies. Will they find things to improve / fix after the first ones are out? sure. But so does every auto manufacturer and most anyone making a mass produced product.

Both of these manufacturers have already set a very high bar and will probably rule many of our fishing worlds by doing so.

Hats off to both of em.
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

I remember the first sit on top, Wilderness Ride. That was so different it was ugly. It was one of the first. Then we went for a test paddle and were blown away.
That was many years and kayaks ago.
Beauty is as beauty does.