Wilderness Systems...

MarkCM28

Wilderness Systems...

Post by MarkCM28 »

...did they forget to renew their lease?
greyloon
TKF 9000 Club
TKF 9000 Club

Post by greyloon »

?????????????
Roofish
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Post by Roofish »

What do you mean? :? :)
MarkCM28

Post by MarkCM28 »

The freshwater board is no longer "presented" by them.
QuakKillz
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by QuakKillz »

just noticed that myself...... :?:
greyloon
TKF 9000 Club
TKF 9000 Club

Post by greyloon »

Times change, advertisers change. This was never the best bang for the buck on TKF for WS...until recently, the freshwater forum was the poor red-headed step-child of TKF.
MarkCM28

Post by MarkCM28 »

Wonder what the going rate is???
Barnacle Bill
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Barnacle Bill »

Maybe it ran out and they didn't renew or maybe Tom has someone else who is considering sponsoring it. The freshwater forum gets a good amount of traffic and it would be a great place for a sponsor such as an inland kayak shop say in Austin or DFW or San Antonio..
Barnacle Bill
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Barnacle Bill »

MarkCM28 wrote:Wonder what the going rate is???
PM Tom. I know what the rates used to be but I don't know what they are these days. It's always been pretty reasonable though.
greyloon
TKF 9000 Club
TKF 9000 Club

Post by greyloon »

Barnacle Bill wrote:Maybe it ran out and they didn't renew or maybe Tom has someone else who is considering sponsoring it. The freshwater forum gets a good amount of traffic and it would be a great place for a sponsor such as an inland kayak shop say in Austin or DFW or San Antonio..
Up until this year, it often was a dead zone in here. Times are changing though, and for the better as far as the numbers.
Barnacle Bill
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Barnacle Bill »

greyloon wrote:
Barnacle Bill wrote:Maybe it ran out and they didn't renew or maybe Tom has someone else who is considering sponsoring it. The freshwater forum gets a good amount of traffic and it would be a great place for a sponsor such as an inland kayak shop say in Austin or DFW or San Antonio..
Up until this year, it often was a dead zone in here. Times are changing though, and for the better as far as the numbers.

Exactly. I'm sure Tom has something planned. There are kayak shops popping up like crazy. Someone is sure to jump on sponsoring this forum if they haven't already.
Patt

Post by Patt »

If WS gives as much attention to invoices as they do to customer service, they're probably 18 months in arrears and TKF had to pull the plug.

I called with a question shortly after a bought my Ride. Got the traditional, "Press 1 if you'd like to speak with . . . " so I pressed the key for "Customer Service." I immediately got a recording of two stoners discussing, I don't know, something or another, but not kayaks. It sounded like a Cheech and Chong parody with Car'lina accents. Twenty-two minutes and seventeen seconds later (yes, I timed it), I hung up. Never even got the obligatory "You call is important to us . . . " message.

WS makes good boats. They'd make more friends with a "You bought the yak; you bought the problem. 'Bye, ya'll." courtesy recording. I won't miss their banner here.

Patt
greyloon
TKF 9000 Club
TKF 9000 Club

Post by greyloon »

Confluence, WS's parent company has had its share of problems absorbing the other companies they bought, but one would have thought that those matters had been sorted out. Customer service was one of the biggest complaints about Wildie.
Barnacle Bill
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Barnacle Bill »

They had the world by the balls when Scott was a rep and Joel was around.... At one time in 03 or 04, out every 4 kayaks sold in the U.S.A, one was a Wildy Systems. I think Scott sold 700 or so at the Houston Boat Show a few years ago when he was the rep.

Now they're just letting everyone down. It's unfortunate.