opening ocean kayak carry handle..

Throttlehead250
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

opening ocean kayak carry handle..

Post by Throttlehead250 »

well the little tab thing on the back of my kayak finally broke, i knew it was only a matter of time. I grabbed a new tab thing and im trying to get the carry handle open so that i can get to the knots to run it through the tab thing.

Im trying not to break the dang thing, but it shouldnt be difficult i just dont know how its put together. Anyone have any knowledge of how to get to those knots!?

here is an example of what im tyring to do. there is two knots inside the handle. that rope runs through two closed holes on the tab thing.
Trident033.jpg
Fargo

Re: opening ocean kayak carry handle..

Post by Fargo »

Throttle I do not have any first hand experience changing the handle but does this picture help?
Attachments
handle.jpg
Throttlehead250
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

thank you! it does somewhat, i just wish they showed the underside of the top part. Ill call ack today and see if anyone up there knows lol
Z~MAN
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club
Location: RGV,Brownsville,Texas,Kayak: hobie revo-Let's Go Fishin..Coco.!

Post by Z~MAN »

There is 2 holes in the bottom u must push 2 small rods simultaneously to push up the inside thingy to access the knots

Z-man
Throttlehead250
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Z~MAN wrote:There is 2 holes in the bottom u must push 2 small rods simultaneously to push up the inside thingy to access the knots

Z-man
ya that didnt work for me lol, i just pried it open, came right apart with a little more push than i wanted to do before.

i hate those plastic things that the grab handle lines run through. i knew it was going to break i just didnt know when.