Ocean Kayak Prowler 13 Angler

Justin_Smithey

Ocean Kayak Prowler 13 Angler

Post by Justin_Smithey »

Just wanted to hear your thoughts and opinions on this boat. I currently have the pescador 12, and I have been thinking about getting this kayak for a while and letting my friends/family use the pescador when I go out. Just wanted to hear your thoughts on this kayak!
Thanks
bsshaver

Re: Ocean Kayak Prowler 13 Angler

Post by bsshaver »

its a nice yak.
mpg2yahoo
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Re: Ocean Kayak Prowler 13 Angler

Post by mpg2yahoo »

Don't know your budget or what you are looking for in a yak, but a OK Prowler 13 is not a big step up from the Pescador 12 with regards to potential speed IMO. The OK Prowler Trident 15 looks sweet with the new rod pod which you can place a scotty rod holder in several positions, have some lures on the indented pockets, and the ruler was a nice addition to measure your fish.

Maybe I'm bias cuz I like kayaks that can hold 500#+ at a minimum and have seen how the Prowler 15 leaves me way back when paddling on winds over 15+ mph.

Is not like I would get another OK to add to my kayak fleet. I'm thinking of a Hobie Outback or Native Mariner 12.5 to have the ability of hands free fishing and not anchoring at night, which I have been doing more than day fishing now. Might even entertain the idea of a PA14 or something with a trolling motor like the OK Torque, but that is too far ahead in my plans.

I'm sure the Prowler 13 is a nice boat and might meet all your needs. I'm talking from my perspective and personal situation, so if you are sure of what you want pull the trigger.