Freedom Hawk (BAD EXPERIENCE)

jstme44

Freedom Hawk (BAD EXPERIENCE)

Post by jstme44 »

New to Kayaking, fishing and this forum. Really bad experience with Freedom Hawk.
jstme44

Re: Freedom Hawk (BAD EXPERIENCE)

Post by jstme44 »

I had previously stated in a long detailed description why I had a bad experience with Freedom Hawk but once I got done this site said I had to log back in and it didn't save my response so I will give a shorter description this time just in case this site times out while logged in, not sure.

I'm new to kayaking/Fishing and this site.

I ordered my FH Pathfinder and was haveing it sent to BassYaks for Trolling Motor Mod. Three weeks later no response from Freedom Hawk so I called to check on order and it was lost somewhere in the paperwork and never got ordered, Ok, mistakes happen. Finally was sent to Bassyaks a week later, now a month into initial order.

BassYaks contacted me and sent me some pictures of some manufacturing Brown Blemishes on the side of my Pathfinder which look like crap, but Freedom Hawk sure didn't volunteer any info on the Brown Blemishes. Once we contacted F.H. they said they would give me a 50.00 credit, ok, mistakes happen.

Received Pathfinder through UPS and a few eyelets were broken, several worn spots I assume from shipping (Not Sure) several chaffing spots. Shipping and Handling by products, ok, mistakes happen.

Had ordered an Elite Angler Seat as well and was not with package, FINALLY get a hold of someone at F.H. and said oops, sorry we will send it out, ok, mistakes happen.

Receive Elite Angler Seat and where are you supposed to attach this thing and how? I'm like baby new to Kayaking so not sure on all the rigging, but dang, if I knew my experience would be like this it definitely wouldnt be through F.H.

Upon further inspection of the Kayak I find holes that have been drilled for no apparent reason and filled with some kind of clear filler, theres a large button head silver screw fwd of the r/h foot rest track that serves absolutely no purpose. looked inside hull at the back side of the screw and attaches nothing.

The MSO w/Hull number is a copy of what looks like was fabricated in the back room of a crack house so once I stood in line for 20 min. at the Texas Parks and Wildlife office to get the so called Kayak registered I was rejected because of the so called MSO w/Hull number looks like I was trying to pull a fast one over on them so they sent me home to trace the Hull number with a pencil or take a picture of it. Well guess what, I've looked all over this thing and I cant find the Hull number.

So, as usual, F.H. has not returned my calls on this issue as with almost every other call I've attempted with them. I might get a call back in a few days or maybe not, that's what it's like there.

SO, I will not recommend F.H. Kayaks, little to no customer service, poor product and ABSOLUTELY NO QUALITY CONTROL. I deeply regret my purchase and my experience so far with Kayak Stuff has not been good. I hope this Kayak floats so that I can learn to Kayak and Fish.

I have a serious case of the RED A _ _ !!!!!!
jstme44

Post by jstme44 »

My reasons for bad experience will be posted after approved.
mpg2yahoo
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by mpg2yahoo »

jstme44 wrote:New to Kayaking, fishing and this forum. Really bad experience with Freedom Hawk.
So what is the story with the freedom hawk that did not worked for you?
On The Bay

Post by On The Bay »

The lack of details of the experience makes me believe this is a spam post
Fargo

Post by Fargo »

Was it the Freedom part of the Hawk part that was giving you trouble?
On The Bay

Post by On The Bay »

Fargo wrote:Was it the Freedom part of the Hawk part that was giving you trouble?
:lol:
pitontheprowl
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by pitontheprowl »

jstme44 wrote: Received Pathfinder through UPS and a few eyelets were broken, several worn spots I assume from shipping (Not Sure) several chaffing spots. Shipping and Handling by products, ok, mistakes happen.
Bassyaks sent it to you not Freedom Hawk, so who didn't get insurance on the shipped item??
jstme44 wrote: Had ordered an Elite Angler Seat as well and was not with package, FINALLY get a hold of someone at F.H. and said oops, sorry we will send it out, ok, mistakes happen.

Receive Elite Angler Seat and where are you supposed to attach this thing and how? I'm like baby new to Kayaking so not sure on all the rigging, but dang, if I knew my experience would be like this it definitely wouldnt be through F.H.
They do not know you are "new" and most accessories don't come with hardware.
jstme44 wrote: Upon further inspection of the Kayak I find holes that have been drilled for no apparent reason and filled with some kind of clear filler, theres a large button head silver screw fwd of the r/h foot rest track that serves absolutely no purpose. looked inside hull at the back side of the screw and attaches nothing..
Again, you had them ship it to someone else to modify the hull so the real question is "Who did what?"
jstme44 wrote: The MSO w/Hull number is a copy of what looks like was fabricated in the back room of a crack house so once I stood in line for 20 min. at the Texas Parks and Wildlife office to get the so called Kayak registered I was rejected because of the so called MSO w/Hull number looks like I was trying to pull a fast one over on them so they sent me home to trace the Hull number with a pencil or take a picture of it. Well guess what, I've looked all over this thing and I cant find the Hull number..
Most hull numbers are HAND ENGRAVED and TP&W has always wanted tracings.

I would strongly suggest you research before you start bashing any companies on pubic forms, it will keep you from looking like the south end of a north bound donkey :roll:
Fargo

Post by Fargo »

jstme44 I am sorry about your experience. I didn't know it was a serious post by the one line in the original post. Kayaking is growing like crazy and where there is a lot of change there is a lot of mistakes. I hope things eventually get straightened out for you. We are usually not this flippant with new members.

Fargo
pinnaclecaster

Post by pinnaclecaster »

pitontheprowl wrote:
jstme44 wrote: Received Pathfinder through UPS and a few eyelets were broken, several worn spots I assume from shipping (Not Sure) several chaffing spots. Shipping and Handling by products, ok, mistakes happen.
Bassyaks sent it to you not Freedom Hawk, so who didn't get insurance on the shipped item??
jstme44 wrote: Had ordered an Elite Angler Seat as well and was not with package, FINALLY get a hold of someone at F.H. and said oops, sorry we will send it out, ok, mistakes happen.

They do not know you are "new" and most accessories don't come with hardware.
jstme44 wrote: Upon further inspection of the Kayak I find holes that have been drilled for no apparent reason and filled with some kind of clear filler, theres a large button head silver screw fwd of the r/h foot rest track that serves absolutely no purpose. looked inside hull at the back side of the screw and attaches nothing..
Again, you had them ship it to someone else to modify the hull so the real question is "Who did what?"
jstme44 wrote: The MSO w/Hull number is a copy of what looks like was fabricated in the back room of a crack house so once I stood in line for 20 min. at the Texas Parks and Wildlife office to get the so called Kayak registered I was rejected because of the so called MSO w/Hull number looks like I was trying to pull a fast one over on them so they sent me home to trace the Hull number with a pencil or take a picture of it. Well guess what, I've looked all over this thing and I cant find the Hull number..
Most hull numbers are HAND ENGRAVED and TP&W has always wanted tracings.

I would strongly suggest you research before you start bashing any companies on pubic forms, it will keep you from looking like the south end of a north bound donkey :roll:
What research should he have done? The only kayak I have seen not come with the eyelets are pelicans. The freedom hawk is an expensive kayak and should come with basic eyelets for the seat. Remember he ordered a nice kayak and should expect one. :roll:
Mythman
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club
Location: Cypress.......watching the weather to go BTB fishing!

Post by Mythman »

If you had all those problems, you had a bad experience, indeed. And, the buying public is better off knowing about your experience.

Thanks for sharing.
pitontheprowl
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by pitontheprowl »

pinnaclecaster wrote:What research should he have done? The only kayak I have seen not come with the eyelets are pelicans. The freedom hawk is an expensive kayak and should come with basic eyelets for the seat. Remember he ordered a nice kayak and should expect one. :roll:
Depends on what seat he changed to, asking them would be a good start.
He did order a nice kayak and had it sent to someone else for more modifications, right??
So who is responsible for all the damage???
I never said he wasn't in a screwed situation but when you add a middle man and don't see it before every destination well then you kind of screw yourself.
Big Kahuna
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: Sight casting flounder potlicking Mt Stringer and Osochuck

Post by Big Kahuna »

I don't know where you live and how close a yak shop is to you but this would be a good reason to deal with a local yak shop. There are some real good ones on this forum and I know that do and strive to put the customer first in customer service. Again I am real sorry that this happend to you and hope that it gets taken care of.