Ocean Kayak Rough Outside Surface

jrlewis50

Ocean Kayak Rough Outside Surface

Post by jrlewis50 »

About 4 month ago I bought a new Ocean Kayak Trident 13 (Sand Color). I also bougth my wife one with hers being sunrise color. I have noticed on mine (sand color) that the outside surface has these real fine beads showing up on it. The best way to describe these beads is like a sandpaper finish. It is showing up on the sides and along the bottom. My wifes also has some signs of the beads but not like mine. I store the kayaks in the garage hanging from slings on their sides. I guess I would like to know if this is normal and if anyone else has experienced this issue on the surface of their kayak? To tell you the truth they may have been there when I bought the kayaks and didn't notice. I am a first time kayak buyer and really didn't even think to look for those kinds of issues. My main concern is that it is not a defect issue with the plastic used when making the kayaks. Thanks for any input to help me.
lildave40

Re: Ocean Kayak Rough Outside Surface

Post by lildave40 »

jrlewis50 wrote:About 4 month ago I bought a new Ocean Kayak Trident 13 (Sand Color). I also bougth my wife one with hers being sunrise color. I have noticed on mine (sand color) that the outside surface has these real fine beads showing up on it. The best way to describe these beads is like a sandpaper finish. It is showing up on the sides and along the bottom. My wifes also has some signs of the beads but not like mine. I store the kayaks in the garage hanging from slings on their sides. I guess I would like to know if this is normal and if anyone else has experienced this issue on the surface of their kayak? To tell you the truth they may have been there when I bought the kayaks and didn't notice. I am a first time kayak buyer and really didn't even think to look for those kinds of issues. My main concern is that it is not a defect issue with the plastic used when making the kayaks. Thanks for any input to help me.

Beads that the first I have heard of that. Do you have a picture to see? I have a 4.7 and had an issue with with a soft spot on and ack warrantied it.
jrlewis50

Post by jrlewis50 »

I think it will be hard to get a picture. Again the best way to describe it would be when you run your hand across the surface it feels like a medium to heavy grit sandpaper.
lildave40

Post by lildave40 »

I would go to where you purchased it. They will be the best to answer that. If there anything like ack you shouldn't have any issues.
alvinslash

Post by alvinslash »

the oks have a rough filling to them my scramble is like that but my prowler is smooth