Ocean kayak Ultra 4.7 anchor trolley pulley

xlsportster0

Ocean kayak Ultra 4.7 anchor trolley pulley

Post by xlsportster0 »

I just got an e-mail from Ocean Kayak stated the pulleys that fit the holes for the ultra are only available in Australia. This is crap! Can anyone help me find these in the USA????? I don't want to drill more holes for the trolley, but I guess I will have to if I can't find these. http://www.rileyfittings.com/Page-Home.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cosmo333_Tx

Re: Ocean kayak Ultra 4.7 anchor trolley pulley

Post by Cosmo333_Tx »

Going to need the exact distance, center to center, between the two holes you are trying to match up.
xlsportster0

Post by xlsportster0 »

Cosmo333_Tx wrote:Going to need the exact distance, center to center, between the two holes you are trying to match up.
If it ever stops raining, I'll go out and get a good measurement on the holes. Center to Center.
SeTex Drifter

Post by SeTex Drifter »

I would call Jerron at ACK in Houston. He was a OK Ultra and is well versed in accessories.
xlsportster0

Post by xlsportster0 »

SeTex Drifter wrote:I would call Jerron at ACK in Houston. He was a OK Ultra and is well versed in accessories.
Yeah, I have talked to him. I know they have been trying to come up with something, but have not yet as far as I know.
Cosmo333_Tx

Post by Cosmo333_Tx »

There are a lot of companies that make those little pulleys, I would imagine that one of them would have the holes the same distance apart just by happenstance.

If not, I'm thinking a reasonable solution would be to just join another strip of similar metal on the back with JB Weld or equivalent, and then re-drill the holes in the appropriate spacing.
Papi

Post by Papi »

Try West Marine... That looks like a pully common to sail boat rigging.

Found this as well. about $12 apiece.

http://www.twinsrecreation.com/Boat-Gen ... 81355.html
check part number 350

You can buy the whole kit for one side here

http://www.kayakfishingsupplies.com/ser ... Kit/Detail
elementfiftyfour

Post by elementfiftyfour »

Can you order them from Australia? It may take a few extra days shipping but if it saves you a week of searching then you should come out on top.

It does seem that those should not be so special that they are only sold in Australia though. I'm sure someone has a similar product here in the states.
xlsportster0

Post by xlsportster0 »

elementfiftyfour wrote:Can you order them from Australia? It may take a few extra days shipping but if it saves you a week of searching then you should come out on top.

It does seem that those should not be so special that they are only sold in Australia though. I'm sure someone has a similar product here in the states.
Yeah, If I order them from Australia, they are $18.00 a piece and 47.00 to ship! WAT TOO MUCH!
elementfiftyfour

Post by elementfiftyfour »

That seems a lot more to ship that I would have expected. I have shipped gifts to my friends in Melbourne and it only costs like $10 with priority mail. I just assumed that there should be a similar shipping rate from Australia to the US.
mmmooretx

Post by mmmooretx »

I think I saw some in the display case at ACK, worse case you might have to drill the existing holes slightly. I got the whole setup out of NZ, but bought some other items that made the overall price lower. Go parcel Post as it is WAY cheaper than FEDEX, I did not even insure.