Werner Kalliste bent shaft or curado 300e?

pdt818
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club
Location: "All the muchachas call me big pappa when i throw pesos their way"

Werner Kalliste bent shaft or curado 300e?

Post by pdt818 »

Since we are goof to fish with Jim Sammons in June, the old lady said I could get a new toy. What should I get, a Werner Kalliste bent shaft paddle or a new Curado 300e to toss at roosterfish off the beach? Both seem like good choices to me, but I just can't choose. Figured my TKF brethren could help point me in the right direction....

Jerron
isubarui
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: Werner Kalliste bent shaft or curado 300e?

Post by isubarui »

What paddle do u have right now?
pdt818
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club
Location: "All the muchachas call me big pappa when i throw pesos their way"

Post by pdt818 »

Bending branches slice carbon
CaptHookNCook

Post by CaptHookNCook »

Werner Kalliste Bent Shaft..bent shaft puts less stress on your wrist..and forearms/shoulders and it only weighs 25oz's..I have arthitis in my right wrist and can paddle for a full day with the bent shaft versus a straight shaft. It is a very sturdy paddle and very efficient in the water for an experienced paddler.and very forgiving for an inexperience paddler....thats where a paddling lessons goes a long way in not hurting yourself .On that note if you havent taken a paddling lesson...it doesnt matter how good or bad your paddle is...you wont get the full benefit out of it..I had a Carisle Daytripper as my entry level paddle many years ago and it performed very well for a cheap paddle but WERNER is a seriously great paddle to own...as an instructor I have used quite a few of them and they are awesome paddles...
Good Luck
CaptHooknCook 8)
biertrog

Post by biertrog »

I have not had any problems with my Kalliste bent shaft for the year and a half I've had it.
Kayak Kid
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Kayak Kid »

I'm certainly no expert, but I've been actively paddling and instructing paddling for over fifty years. I'm on my sixth or seventh year with my Werner K and have yet to experience any problems with it. The paddle, besides being the best paddling paddle I've ever used, is bullet proof when it comes to the very rough service I've put it through.