ocean kayak frenzy 9'

fishchase

ocean kayak frenzy 9'

Post by fishchase »

Have a buddy that found a deal on one of these. He doent have much to spend and he wants to fish the bays. I do a lot of freshwater so not sure my advice to him would be the best. Should I tell him to go for it or wait for something better? Thanks

-Chase
shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: ocean kayak frenzy 9'

Post by shoffer »

I would tell him to wait a few of days. I am going to post my Perception Swing for sale, with 3 scotty rod holders installed, one flush rod holder in between seat, paddle, added side handles, two seats, custom crate, pad eyes installed everywhere and installed Humminbird fishfinder with battery. I am upgrading to another yak, but this one has been good to me. About 13 feet long, 31 inches wide, tracks really well, and about 55 pounds.

I will be asking 500 cash. I am in the Houston medical center.
Attachments
_DSC1778.JPG
Perception swing.JPG
RedWolf
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club
Location: Clear Lake, Lime OK Frenzy, Lime Tarpon 120, Blue Tarpon 140

Post by RedWolf »

The Frenzy is a small, but stable boat. Great as a first boat, short bay trips, near-shore BTB, but would not recommend it for long trips.

Pro's:
Small--ease of storage
Light--easy to handle
Stable--great for near shore BTB or running baits thru the surf (have gone thru 4-5' breakers on a friends Frenzy WAY before I got mine)
Pad eyes everywhere for tying/clipping stuff to
Cheap--Bought mine new at Academy for about $400
Easy to handle

Con's:
Small--very little storage space (regular milk crate is to big for the aft well)
does NOT come with rod holders
difficult to get to anything stored on bow when on the water (where i keep my soft-side drink cooler)
slow--if with a group of friends, you will likely lag behind the pack

This could be a pro or con, depending on your size, the boat fits my body frame well (5'7" 155#) but would probably be uncomfortable for someone over 6' it does have a weight capacity of around 350# if I remember correctly.
Night Wing
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Night Wing »

The that Swing is a nice looking boat. I looked at it when I first got into yak fishing.