Quakkillz has a sabiki.

Barnacle Bill
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Quakkillz has a sabiki.

Post by Barnacle Bill »

I gave Robert a Sabiki tonight... I'm not sure, but I THINK it will catch perch and I have 4 other varieties of the Sabiki. I'm thinking of using them to catch perch and hook them on the bottom of the middle Concho and Concho for big cats in the deep channels.

First, I want to know if we can catch perch and sunfish on them. If we can do that, then we have something. Robert has the Sabiki and is the test case. LOL
QuakKillz
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by QuakKillz »

I'll try to get downtown this week with the new used zebco 202 I scavenged from the store room at church.....the 202 was my first perch rod as a boy, so why not try out the sabiki on it? have to get some new 4 or 6# to restring it though..... either that or I will try out Calebs little "Lightning McQueen" rod.....LOL!!!!!
Roofish
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Post by Roofish »

QK you need a SpongeBob rod :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
QuakKillz
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by QuakKillz »

yea, except I HATE spongebob........why would I do something I love with something I HATE........seems dumb to me....... :? :?

now McQueen, I can hang with, he's cool....or even snoopy or spiderman, but spongebob........too fagish to me......
Roofish
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Post by Roofish »

That's hilarious, but I could'nt think of anything else at the time. I pm'd you :lol: :lol: :lol:
QuakKillz
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by QuakKillz »

well, my little 202 and sabiki are in the truck......as soon as I can get to the river I'll try it out.....may bait it with bread or something, not sure if the perch will hit just the jigs......will try it that way too though

hey Bill, they might be better with a bigger hook, I went to 6's because the little suckers were swallowing the 10's and 8's.....I'll let ya know how it works as soon as I find out.....

Thanks again amigo
Barnacle Bill
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Barnacle Bill »

I'm figuring on using them for small perch since most of the minnows atg the bait shops around here are super small. I can use the fly rod and catch 2" - 12" perch. This will hopefully just make it easier. LOL