BTB "RESCUE AT SEA"

LOOKN4REDS
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

BTB "RESCUE AT SEA"

Post by LOOKN4REDS »

WOW, what a day.

I definately know who I want to be BTB fishing with on my first few trips. (I'm waiting for ICE CREAM conditions :oops: ) This reminds me of the Cosner movie I saw the other day....

Might be helpful to some new folks if you experienced BTB sea rescue guys tagged your avatar with "GUARDIAN" and yes, I am serious. Great job and many thanks! LOOKN4REDS
sniper5

Post by sniper5 »

The Costner movie was kinda cute.

But seriously, when I worked as a paramedic in Santa Clara county many years back I had a couple of opportunities to ride with the Coast Guard on some calls. Mt Hamilton was in our response zone and in the days before civilian rescue birds there we would get a ride from a MAST (Military Assistance to Service and Traffic) bird which was either a Huey out of Fort Ord in Monterey or a Coast Guard Sikorsky out of Treasure Island.

Nice people. Very professional and businesslike. Nothing like the movie types. Can't say enough nice things about them. If any of you are out there reading this, thanks for the lift.

Just my .02 on some fine folks.
Renfish
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Renfish »

One memorable line from that movie - "no one appreciates us until they need us". Sad but true. I hope I never need those guys but I am certainly aware of all they do and greatly appreciate them!