New to San Antonio and Kayaking

Jeffman
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

New to San Antonio and Kayaking

Post by Jeffman »

I'm new to the area and Kayaking. My primary interest is fishing. If anyone is interested in helping a "newbee" send me a line. Thanks!

Jeff
SNAG

Post by SNAG »

Jeffman, Welcome aboard! :D The SA crew will do you right...some of the best we've got. I'm sure you'll be hearing from them.
Tight Lines
FISHINGARTIST

Post by FISHINGARTIST »

Hey Jeff, welcome to the family. My brother and I are going to hit one of the local power plant lakes and see if we can't catch a couple of monster reds. You're more than welcome to join us if you'd like. Not too sure if we're gonna hit Braunig or Calaveras yet but if you want I can p.m. you my number. The lakes have been producing real well lately. Ray
kayak angler

Post by kayak angler »

Jeffman, welcome. There's no lack of places to fish within an hours drive of SA. Braunig, Calveras and my favorite Medina lakes are all good places to go. The TKFSA chapter is having a picnic/gathering at Medina Lake on May 2. Swing by if you can make it. If not, pm me and we can hook up for some fishing sometime. I can show you all the honeyholes where I can't catch fish. :wink:
Mrs Backlasher
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Mrs Backlasher »

Jeffman,

Welcome to TKF! Glad to have you aboard. I'll look forward to reading your posts.

Here is a thread that may be helpful to you. It's some tips I made for Newbies. I'm still a Newbie myself, so it's all still fresh to me!

http://texaskayakfisherman.com/forum/vi ... php?t=6636

Welcome,
Mrs. B
ucyaker

Post by ucyaker »

Jeffman,

The San Marcos River anywhere from San Marcos down to Staples is a nice place to float & fish. Friendly environment for folks in kayaks & canoes. I've been going to Shady Grove Campground/Spencer Canoes @ Martindale since the early 80's to camp and float. Very pretty river. The Guadalupe River during a summer weekend from below Canyon Dam to New Braufels is a place you'd probably want to avoid - lots of profane drunk/stoned tubers. The Guadalupe River inside the loop of New Braunfels to the IH35 bridge is a nice float for fishing. If you don't mind a little drive, the Llano River around Junction and the town of Llano is a scenic float. My wife & I usually split our time on the water between the local rivers and the saltwater around Rockport. Be glad to assist w/ any particular details.

Ed Winters
Universal City, TX