stop the tackle maddddnessss

WATER HOG
TKF 7000 Club
TKF 7000 Club

stop the tackle maddddnessss

Post by WATER HOG »

I just can't stop , It's my drug of choice . & I want more . I go into the Acadamy/ BPS ,and I pass down the isle and the packages of lures are talking to me (BUY ME --NO PICK ME -I'll catch more fish) :? I know most of yall have much more tackle than I , This is about 1/2 to 3/4 of my salt tackle & I live in the hill country :shock: . it's a sickness . :D the fresh water tackle is almost the same :roll: thank goodness my wife has no Idea ! :wink: 8) & lets not get into rods & reels :shock:

Randall ,I told ya we were set for GISP :D
Attachments
tackle 011 (Small).jpg
tackle 010 (Small).jpg
tackle 004 (Small).jpg
Last edited by WATER HOG on Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
WATER HOG
TKF 7000 Club
TKF 7000 Club

Post by WATER HOG »

more. :shock:
Attachments
tackle 009 (Small).jpg
tackle 014 (Small).jpg
tackle 017 (Small).jpg
hotpocket
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by hotpocket »

That is awesome....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
RandallW20
TKF 9000 Club
TKF 9000 Club

Post by RandallW20 »

:shock: Holy Crap man...........I'm just about speechless. You told me alot but I didn't think that much. Thats a ton of soft plastics.
You plan on moving to the coast or something? If not, you better find some bass around home that will eat those :lol:
CM
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by CM »

Its OK Water Hog, here is the Captains Bag list. Its worth more then the entry fee for the JAX's Classic.
Captain's Bag
Hobie Duffel Bag
Measuring Ruler
Cooler
Tournament T-Shirt
Costa Del Mar Sunglass Retainer
Rod Float
DOA Shrimp
Berkley Gulp
Tsunami Cork Lure
Mirrolure
Calcutta FlashFoil Shad or Jigs
Sure Catch Jigs
Hobie Coozie
Hobie Sports Safe
XTOOLS cap or shirt
Dri-Grip Fishing Sunscreen
Florida Fishing Weekly
Sportsman's Flats Fishing Journal
Bullfrog
Promotional Items

There were 170 of them and they are already gone :cry:
Last edited by CM on Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
WATER HOG
TKF 7000 Club
TKF 7000 Club

Post by WATER HOG »

CM, we need help ! :D more than the entry fee is probably an under statement ! :D
Fla-Fish
TKF 8000 Club
TKF 8000 Club

Post by Fla-Fish »

That aint nothing son. I am going through and cleaning and changing treble hooks out.
I had to buy 3 new tackle boxes. Pic's later.

And THE FISHING SHOW at GRB starts TODAY :shock: :shock: :shock:
LC yakr

Post by LC yakr »

Man...how do you keep those so clean :?:
Tyak
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Tyak »

All a man needs is a few RR jigheads, gulp shrimp, TTF troutkillers in Plumpkin /Chart., 2 spook jrs., and a Dr. Pepper! :lol:

Ty
Backlasher
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Backlasher »

Could someone post a picture of Kingwood Kayaker's tackle box. If I remember correctly, he had one topwater, one D.O.A. shrimp, a cork, a spoon and D.O.A. rootbeer w/chart. tail paddletails. I fished a tournament with him and he had his slam before the sun was up good. As Mike McBride says " it's the Indian not the arrow". It's the fisherman not the lure.
Minnow
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Minnow »

David-

Got your voicemail last night about how to rig the TTF "Killer Shrimp"..... I'll try and take a few pics for you later but for now let me just write it down per your request. As with anything, there are personal preferences and variations to rig a bait. Some are better than others for whatever reason; however, this is how I have been rigging mine with great success:

* Take your "Mumpy Glow" Killer Shrimp (that is my favorite color) and run your jighead through the flat head front.
* Have the hook come out of the top spine
* You can run this weedless with the same application as above

I fish it just like any other plastic but it can be used under corks or with spinning blades.
double dip
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Post by double dip »

tyak wrote:All a man needs is a few RR jigheads, gulp shrimp, TTF troutkillers in Plumpkin /Chart., 2 spook jrs., and a Dr. Pepper! :lol:

Ty
UUHHMMMM!!! ............ Where's the Whataburger!?!?!?
Animal Chris
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Animal Chris »

WH, That is not considered "maddness". Maddness would be if you were amassing a cache of lures that you (or anybody else) will never use. Most of what I see there has a use, maybe not now, but just in case. That is called making a "calculated" purchase.

Chris
Lumberhound
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Lumberhound »

Wh were is the rest of it???? That only looks like a 1/4 of it... :lol: :lol:
WATER HOG
TKF 7000 Club
TKF 7000 Club

Post by WATER HOG »

Thanks Ryan , I thought I was correct on the setup , but just needed to make sure , :wink:

LH , I pulled out all the old lures and left mostly the new ones for the pictures :wink:

and Animal Chris --- I feel a little better now --Thanks :D
Paddlefoot
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Paddlefoot »

"We need a bigger boat" :wink:
Pablo
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Post by Pablo »

it all starts innocently enough, you know one or two lures at a time. . .

then as the years roll by, you forget how much hardware you have acquired. Don't do what WH did and photograph it all.... don't do it or eternal guilt will begin to take hold.....

Then, during the next phase of this addictional malady: confusion sets in as to what to load the go box with. . . :?

but ya know what? it is kind of fun :lol:

but then again, I don't have a wife to answer to 8)
Daniel32

Post by Daniel32 »

I have the same problem. It started a few years ago when I "THOUGHT" my tackle box looked empty. I would take $10-20 out of every paycheck and go buy a few packages of soft plastics, topwaters, hooks,etc...

Three tackle boxes later and i'm still buying stuff. Although I have enough lures to last me a few years, and i've been to Academy, Roys, and Bass Pro Shop enough times to know where every fishing item is located. I still love going to the fishing section to see if there's anythig new :lol:
WATER HOG
TKF 7000 Club
TKF 7000 Club

Post by WATER HOG »

Daniel32 wrote:I have the same problem. It started a few years ago when I "THOUGHT" my tackle box looked empty. I would take $10-20 out of every paycheck and go buy a few packages of soft plastics, topwaters, hooks,etc...

Three tackle boxes later and i'm still buying stuff. Although I have enough lures to last me a few years, and i've been to Academy, Roys, and Bass Pro Shop enough times to know where every fishing item is located. I still love going to the fishing section to see if there's anythig new :lol:

I still had 2 large tackle boxes left .one for the surf /off shore & one just hooks weights corks & such . and 2 more for fresh water .. I am a tackle junky ! :shock:
Blindcasting
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Blindcasting »

I used to not be able to stop at academy without buying at least one topwater and one bag of soft plastics. Last couple years every fish I have caught has been on the same topwater and 3-4 different soft plastics so I'm not really tempted anymore.

My goal this year is to use up every single soft plastic I own. Even the ones I got from the academy $0.88 closeout bin.
REDline
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by REDline »

nice WH...good thing you dont WORK at academy...Its completely ridiculous. Other people buy a soda every evening...I buy 3-4 bags of lures and a hardbait :cry:
WATER HOG
TKF 7000 Club
TKF 7000 Club

Post by WATER HOG »

REDline wrote:nice WH...good thing you dont WORK at academy...Its completely ridiculous. Other people buy a soda every evening...I buy 3-4 bags of lures and a hardbait :cry:
I hear ya ,it's kind of a rainy day hobby I have . i really only use a couple of lures when fishing -- But like Animal chris said !it's just in case :D

Fla Fish , fishing show . thats just not fair ! 8)
JPChavez
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by JPChavez »

That's not that bad. I don't even want to take out all the lure I own. That looks like the start of a good collection. :D

Redline I know what you mean. I work at Cabela's I buy something new everytime I'm there. The cashiers are always telling how do I make any money. I tell them they should pay me in tackle.:twisted:
SPONGE-BOB

Post by SPONGE-BOB »

MOST tacke is made to catch fishermen :shock: :shock:
juanpescado

Post by juanpescado »

Man o man , I used to do that , now when I fish i'll carry 4 lures and 1 package of GULP , if the fish are there they will hit something I carry , but lures are cool (you should see how many hotwheels I have , now thats sick) ...