fishing report. curado guts.01/23/08

F.O.C.
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

fishing report. curado guts.01/23/08

Post by F.O.C. »

No fish.

I fished till I couldn't feel my fingers.(about 10:30)One hook up and it bit through the line. Lost two jigheads and noticed the curado wasn't helping me get that plasitc way out there like it did when I first got it. So I called it a morning and tore it open when I got home. I got into it and noticed water on the pinion bearing and drops on the inside of the side plate. Also had more of the white whipped topping on the driveshaft bearing, idle gear and driveshaft.

I did notice that its very easy to get to all of the bearings on this reel. Remove a couple of screws and the bearings are out.

This bearing and the pinion bearing have been the hardest to get to on other reels I've cleaned.

pinion bearing.

As I removed the side plate, the roller bearing came out and fell on the table. When I put it back together, the driveshaft wouldn't turn. Taking a closer look at the bearing I noticed the word 'lock' on one side.

So after I flipped the bearing over and slid it back on, the driveshaft turned again. Put it back together and just waiting for this afternoon to test the casting distance again.
BigSerg10

Post by BigSerg10 »

thats pretty cool FOC
flynut

curado

Post by flynut »

Extremely informative. Thanks!
get_the_net

Post by get_the_net »

I just did that last night, it's actually pretty fun.How do you get the bearing off the drive shaft. I have mine broken down and bought the repair kit, but can't get the bearing off.

Good site for cleaning B series curado.This helped me alot.

http://www.calfishing.com/freshwater/sh ... U200B.html
F.O.C.
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by F.O.C. »

get_the_net wrote:I just did that last night, it's actually pretty fun.How do you get the bearing off the drive shaft. I have mine broken down and bought the repair kit, but can't get the bearing off.

Good site for cleaning B series curado.This helped me alot.

http://www.calfishing.com/freshwater/sh ... U200B.html
With a precision flathead screwdriver and some luck. I put the blade into one of the holes from the e-clip. Then pry it off using firm constant pressure. It helps if you aim it away from you but at an enclosure like a book shelf. That way if the e-clip flies off hopefully it won't go too far and get lost. :shock: :lol: to get it back on I center it on the shaft then place the blade on the outside of the e-clip but in between the two holes on the inside of the e-clip. Again with firm constant pressure push it back on onto the shaft. Once you do it a few times it gets easy. I've gotten plenty of practice from my zillions.

I tried a pick but it bent.
good luck.
sherwood

Post by sherwood »

And it doesn't hurt to keep a couple extra clips if you plan on cleaning your reels often. I know the damn Abu Garcia reels have a million in them. :lol:
F.O.C.
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by F.O.C. »

sherwood wrote:And it doesn't hurt to keep a couple extra clips if you plan on cleaning your reels often. I know the damn Abu Garcia reels have a million in them. :lol:
:lol: :lol:
Bluffer
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Bluffer »

I took the left side of a Curado off once. Applied a little greese & decided not to do that side again. Like a auto transmission. Springs & spacers everywhere.
CowboyFan
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by CowboyFan »

Man, those are some great pictures.
RandallW20
TKF 9000 Club
TKF 9000 Club

Post by RandallW20 »

LOL, you just love pics dont you FOC? :lol:

Randall
Facehook

Post by Facehook »

We love the pics too, thanks!
Crazy Yak
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Crazy Yak »

Looks exactly like the one I just tore into after a dunking last night. Always enjoy your posts, good pics!