HI or Sea Rim

Piscator
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

HI or Sea Rim

Post by Piscator »

Would it make any difference? I was thinking the water may be a little calmer there if a E/NE wind had been blowing. This will our first time to BTB. Would the reds be down that way also?
Tyak
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Tyak »

They should be stacked in both areas. Don't think you could go wrong either way.

Ty
rod dawg
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by rod dawg »

Lots of bullreds landed there from the TOBA trny (surf-fishing division). I'm still learning how to read the coast line w/ the winds,currents,etc. I just go no matter what the weather says. :lol: This being your first BTB trip, I would at least hook up w/ some of the BTB gang that mostly hits high island, sometimes Sea Rim.

The only difference I know b/n sea rim and HI is there is more of a mud bottom there than HI. Depths are the same since the upper coast tends to be shallow, so my guess would be no matter the wind, the surf/swells will probably be mirror images of each other. I could be wrong though.

I know for a fact that if you really wanted to be protected by the wind (anything besides an east wind), the bolivar pockets near the ferry landing is protected by the jetties. Usually it's pretty calm and flat there.

good luck and remember to partner up especially w/ an experienced BTB'er.

and yes to what TY said, they should be stacked in both places.
Piscator
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Piscator »

If the surf/weather changes for the worst, we will hit the marsh or bay. It will not be a wasted trip. Both places have good marshes close by.
bigfost
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by bigfost »

I have fished both areas extensively over the years, and strictly for bull reds, Sea Rim is my go-to beach. It's more prone to freshwater contamination after heavy rains, but otherwise there are many more reds caught there day in and day out than at HI. If more people fished BTB from Sea Rim, I'd probably seldom ever hit HI.