Bad day made good.

dhusbands

Bad day made good.

Post by dhusbands »

Couldn't stand staying home today so I decided to go fishing despite the weather.left around:500 am and almost had to turn around and go back home ,the rain was so bad ,but decided to press on .When I got to Drum bay around 6:00 there was no rain ,the water flattened out like a dream with almost no drift the first two hours were pretty slow but as the water got smoother the trout were everywhere caught one on almost every cast. The coolest thing though was that I saw what I thought were some trout chasing bait but when I paddled over I saw some pretty big shark fins circling around, I thought It was cool until they started checking me out one ran the side of my yak scraping the side and the other ones were darting under me so I took off as fast as I could paddle they kept with me for a while and then lost interest, it was pretty bizarre I've never had that happen before , just before all that happened I had chucked my gulp over too them maybe that funky smell aroused them.
Anyway it turned out to be one of the better fishing days that I have had in a while, glad that I did'nt listen to my commen sence. :D
Mythman
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club
Location: Cypress.......watching the weather to go BTB fishing!

Post by Mythman »

Good report and interesting shark story.......I tell ya, those sharks are getting bolder and bolder.........one of these days..........!!!!!

Congrats on a good day!!!
dhusbands

Post by dhusbands »

Mythman wrote:Good report and interesting shark story.......I tell ya, those sharks are getting bolder and bolder.........one of these days..........!!!!!

Congrats on a good day!!!
I have never seen them feeding in the bay like that ,glad I don't wade much anymore. :D
Jolly Roger
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Jolly Roger »

good report,

Good chance the sharks were chasing bait that took refuge around and under your kayak.
Troutless
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Troutless »

Good report! I think that JR nailed it with his reply.
Cabeza de Vaca

sharks....

Post by Cabeza de Vaca »

Good fishing report and shark story -- very interesting behavior.

While wading in West Bay last Saturday, (Galveston Island State Park area), a shark -- at least 5-ft. -- hit my topwater lure, surfaced, turned and ran, peeling off quite a bit of line from my Curado before breaking off. Later that night, I saw a shark of similar size swimming under the green lights in the canal behind my buddy's bay house. Is this a new occurrence, so many sharks far up in the bays?

--CDV
Flyfisher
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Flyfisher »

Thanks for the report. I knew sharks could be found in every bay system but I haven't seen them in Drum Bay before, especially large ones. I'm glad you went also.

Ray
SafetyHooker
TKF 7000 Club
TKF 7000 Club
Location: Phoenix, AZ <'))))>°{ RGV, Arroyo City. Make it a Great day!

Post by SafetyHooker »

You could have started a new trend by holding bait.
Shark Noodling :shock:
Big Perm
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

shark

Post by Big Perm »

that must be fun having sharks bump the yak
dhusbands

Post by dhusbands »

KjcTheGhost wrote:You could have started a new trend by holding bait.
Shark Noodling :shock:
That would be fun except it is a pretty limited sport ,you could only catch about 2 sharks unless you could hold bait in your toes then you could catch 4. :lol:
rod dawg
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by rod dawg »

Ya never know with Texas weather...glad you got your trip in.