is it chaz? (powderhorn info)

shrimphole

is it chaz? (powderhorn info)

Post by shrimphole »

is it chaz who fishes the powderhorn area a lot? was gunna try to go out there this evening and was wonder what do you think the report would be if I went out? any helpful tips?
Chaz
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Chaz »

Yeah, it's me who fishes Powderhorn regularly. I am not going in the near future because of all the rain - lots of fresh water. Night paddling through there is challenging - you had better get to know that place like the back of your hand during the day first - you can get very turned around even in that little bit of marsh at night by yourself. An old guy who used to fish there at night turned me on to night fishing for reds. "Nuff said.

BUT - if I went - I would look for moving water first of all - inside the inlet to the bay. Fish behind the oyster reefs (on the lake side) on incoming tide or along the Powderhorn Ranch shoreline - there is some good marsh in there. On an outgoing tide - try the marsh - either just inside the cuts into the lake or ALL the way back inside (follow the PVC pipe sticking up out of the marsh). At night you can fish under the lights at the fishing center - Fryemup and I were seeing some nice trout busting shrimp on the surface there before daylight.

Good Luck!
fryemup
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Yep Chaz is the man

Post by fryemup »

Its a neat place to fish. I can imagine the loud humm of the mosquitos that will be coming out next week.
They will be huge, hungry and millions of them.

I think I would like to plant myself at the fishing center at night come this fall. All nighter and maybe launch at daylight for an hour or two. Be back home for lunch.
shrimphole

Post by shrimphole »

thanks for the tips, figured yesterday would have been a bad day but I didn't care, paddled more than I did fish, just explored for a couple of hours... all I brought in were pictures of those porpoise...