West Bay 6/30

vincent
TKF 7000 Club
TKF 7000 Club

West Bay 6/30

Post by vincent »

Some times you have to pay your dues..fishing isn't always about catching fish...even when you're on a roll reality and the ups and downs of fishing will slap you in the face and humble you..I covered tons of water..saw some places I've never seen and made mental notes of places I'll be back fishing in the future.

Started fishing Friday nite at 8pm..fished til 2am with very limited success..the nite bite in west bay has been the worse I've seen it in 10yrs..the last 6 trips to my lights have been a total bust..I don't think that has "EVER" happened in 40+ yrs...woke up after a 2hr nap and went to SLP...tough day fishing..launched at 5:30am at SLP..tons of tide..tons of weeds..water was sandy until slack high tide...no bite until then..lots of PB traffic and a few rain showers..we fished hard til 12 with only 7 trout between 5 of us from 17-23"..I had 3 hookups and no fish landed..after a 4mi. paddle we packed up and ate lunch....round two...this was a tough one to motivate for...we knew we had a 8+ mi. paddle ahead of us.. with only 2hrs sleep and already more than a full day under our belt...we made the long 4 mi. paddle to the back of the marsh...we landed only 2 redfish and one dink trout after pounding the water from 2-7pm ...still I haven't landed a fish..and no bites...very dejected...and VERY tired we started out drift out...about 200yds from the end of our drift I get a tap...huh..havent' felt that in over 7.5 mi. and over 5hrs fishing...set the hook and land a 17" trout...HOORAY..no skunk...14+ hrs on the water...over 12 mi. and one 17" trout...some days are like that..

I saw this nest..seemed a little late for eggs..but they were a pretty color..
Easter eggs anyone..

Mrz_Tarpon_Tamer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Mrz_Tarpon_Tamer »

Very kewl pics Vincent. And they do look like Easter Eggs. :D
Pollo Pibil

Tough Trip

Post by Pollo Pibil »

Sorry to hear it; congrats for toughing it out.

That sounds like all of my trips the last few times.....
SafetyHooker
TKF 7000 Club
TKF 7000 Club
Location: Phoenix, AZ <'))))>°{ RGV, Arroyo City. Make it a Great day!

Post by SafetyHooker »

Looks like Breakfast to me.
vincent
TKF 7000 Club
TKF 7000 Club

Post by vincent »

That sounds like all of my trips the last few times.....
luckily I was with 3 good friends and we had fun regardless...but not all trips are winners..you have to pay your dues..for every 4 trips one or more will be busts..you have to just keep pounding...the spot we went last had more redfish then you could catch last weekend...this weekend they were gone...next weekend...maybe they'll be back...maybe not...you don't know unless you go...