MRSRIDE
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

APCTKF gathering/party!

Post by MRSRIDE »

We can call it a meeting....
or a gathering....
or a party....
But whatever let's get together! How about Jan. 3rd Sat. at the Kayak Shack (just in case the weather is bad, Ted may be coming, j/k).
We can work out the details here on line.......
tamales, tamales (we could probably get some locally, too).....
BBQ - chicken, brisket, sausage......
Gumbo.....
Fish fry.... (of course this would mean fish would have to be caught and brought in!)
So put in your .02 worth and when we have dollar we will have a plan!
bad monkey

Post by bad monkey »

count me in i'll be there
Clip

Post by Clip »

I'm in.

What do I need to bring?
Mercy
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Mercy »

Oh yeah baby....I'm way in!!!!!!!!! :) Mmmm mmmm....can taste those 'males and weedwhackeritas now!!!! :) I will bring 12 dozen Rubens 'males and 'rita fodder...:) Plus....I have tons of paper products left over from TKF Beach Party...the Prequel...;)
Oh...and let's not forget the obligatory dessert tray from Entrees....:)
Blindcasting
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Blindcasting »

Dang, can't make that day.

Any chance of moving to the next day (Sunday)?
DIANAFLYFISH
Location: Aransas Pass, TX (Winter) & Estes Park, Co. (Summer)

Post by DIANAFLYFISH »

I'll bring enchiladas
Animal Chris
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

I'll do everything I can to make it.....

Post by Animal Chris »

but I can't make any promises. I'll try to get through AP before the party and drop off this stack of plates left from the Beach Bash.

I can just see it now, get ripped New Years Eve and spend NYD recovering and watching football, be right for work on Thursday and Friday, have a few cold Buds on the way down Friday night, Saturday afternoon, crank up the WeedYakkerRita® machine and have a good supply of 'maleRitas and decide life is SOOOOO good that somebody comes up the the all time great idea, and gets everybody to load up in Betty's Audi and head to Steamboat for Pat Green's little week long soirée in the Rockies for the week. What a way to start the year!
Mercy
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Mercy »

LOL!!!!!! I'm gettin' a visual of alllllllllllllllll these adorable monkeys hangin' out the Audi...headin' for the Rockies....LOL!!!
Animal Chris...I like the way you think....;)
Animal Chris
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

If it's a go, then....

Post by Animal Chris »

DIBS ON SHOTGUN!
Mercy
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Mercy »

Blindcasting wrote:
Dang, can't make that day

Oh Trey....look at poor Ray over there <-------- he REALLY wants to come to the party!!!!

Animal Chris....in my little pee pee car it's ALL shotgun! lol

Post by guest »

:D first of all let me say i have been reading this forum for a while and think it is not only informative but intertaining and thought provoking as well.
i/we are new to the whole kayak fishing phenomenon, but love the sport of fishing and are excited about having the opportunity to explore the flats around a-p.
we are in the process of purchasing a small place in aransas pass and can't wait to meet all of the good folks down there. hope we can make it for the meeting/gathering/party. but if not, will be fairly regular down at the yak shack........never can have too many friends.

alan and donna
Gig'em

Party for TKF'ers

Post by Gig'em »

Hi Mrsride,
Is the Kayak Shack a local establishment, or is it what your and Slowride's homebase is lovingly called? Just wondering.

If hubby Dave and I come, we would bring some fresh salsas(to warm us up from the inside out) and chips. I have a special fresh pineapple salsa recipe and of course will bring some hot sauce as well, to go with those tamales. I can bring my famous pot o' pinto beans made with cajun-flavored deer link sausage for flavoring, too.

Will any of you fine people be kayaking that weekend as well, weather permitting? Or is this mainly a social gathering? If we come clear from Houston, we would really like to bring yaks and hopefully catch some fish, if that would be possible that time of year. Please advise.

Also would like to use this time in your area to scout out some possible rent houses for a family reunion next Thanksgiving. Will ask you more on this in a later email.

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving.
Regards,
Gig'em
paddling john

Hey Mercy

Post by paddling john »

Hey Mercy. Going to bring that whirling, gasoline operated machine! If so, I'll bring the gumbo!
John
FLIES ONLY

Post by FLIES ONLY »

Just so the weather will be normal (I didn't say good..just normal) I will hold off committing for the sake of all you good folks. If I say I will go this far in advance there will be the only tropical storm in the winter history in AP come through........soooooooooo I just might be there. Not sure yet. :wink:
FLIES ONLY

Post by FLIES ONLY »

This sounds like the Lyin and Tyin club..........with food. Tha's all we were missing last year...oh yeah and people. Bring your vises (and something to tie flies with too :wink: )
slowride
TKF 7000 Club
TKF 7000 Club

the shack?

Post by slowride »

based on the input here, we are going to need a field, or a beach, or an aircraft hanger to house the food. maybe the beach to party afterwards and the field to sleep in after a load of weedwackeritas.

bring it on. bring your food. bring your yaks. if the weather is good, we fish. bring your mama. bring your dog. bring whatever.
Chaz
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Chaz »

It's on my calendar. If I come I will bring my own special BBQ ribs based on the 1998 winning recipe at the Memphis cook-off plus a killer mango-jalapeno-pineapple garnish to go along with these weedwackeritas everyone is talking about, plus the usual obligatory kayakfishing stuff.
Wir mussen weiter gehen am schnellsten!
MRSRIDE
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by MRSRIDE »

Sounds like we are on...
I think Sat is going to be the day just so everone can recover on Sunday!
Plan on fishing weather permitting, I'll try to get the plans of the new paddling launch park for everyone to see (Ransom Point Paddling Trails) and tying some select flies would be great entertainment (along with the usual comedians)!!
As far as food goes send me a PM if you are for sure to come so that I can get a count for food and so that we dont end up with all chips and no dip... or all ice and no drinks... or well you get the idea.
I'm thinking like an open house (the kayak shack is not our home) all day and then a set time in the evening say about 5pm.
Maybe gumbo around lunch and snacks until tamale & bean time, just incase Ted shows up with the tropical storm!!
We could need crackers, drinks, rita supplies ( or even something like a trash-can punch ), chips/snacks, bowls, spoons, chairs, appetites, and all of you!!
Happy holidays and looking forward to the "gathering"!
fishin'
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by fishin' »

This sounds like the beginnings of another great time!! :lol: :lol:

3rd Sat in January? That would be Jan 17? Just need to rearrange my calendar. :lol: :lol:

fishin'

Post by Guest »

No that would be the first Sat in Jan... January the 3rd.
See ya there!
Mercy
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Mercy »

Paddling John wrote:
Hey Mercy. Going to bring that whirling, gasoline operated machine

Yessir...I sure am!!!! :)
Barry
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Barry »

Bump
T

Post by T »

Damn, if one is not careful and attentive.... Almost missed this post. Sounds like a great time to strat the new year!!!
Count me please.
:) :) :) :P
T
slowride
TKF 7000 Club
TKF 7000 Club

near miss

Post by slowride »

that was a close call. this one should be goood. but, aren't they all?
Bluffer
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Bluffer »

Just where is the "kayak shack" over there? Can bring a bottle of Jose gold & some limes.....hope its not to cold that day.