Everyone see the rains in South Texas.. Thank You!

fryemup
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Everyone see the rains in South Texas.. Thank You!

Post by fryemup »

Yep,
Have a Dove/Quail hunt slated for this coming weekend. They are flooded right now, and will probably get more rain. Third time this year I have been washed out. Going to hang up the scatter guns. At least I hadn't planned on going to the EXPO, think of all people that would be ticked at me for washing out their weekends.
MikeH

Post by MikeH »

I was in Zapata last weekend and couldn't believe how green that country is right now. Looks like Spring in October. I think we got another 4-5" down there since Saturday. May need to bring the yak to get to the deer if this keeps up.
Boar

Post by Boar »

Are there any regulations aout Quail hunting from a boat?

Boar
fryemup
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Don't shoot the boat?

Post by fryemup »

Thats about all I can think of,, and make sure you own the property or its a legal shooting area (WMA), that allows boats.

I am more worried about the rattlers that have crawled out of their holes filled with water...
Blindcasting
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Blindcasting »

Its going to be tough, tough hunting in South Texas this year. Grass is 7 feet high and still growing. Deer are going to have absolutely no reason to move from cover. This may be the first year we don't take a buck until the rut.

We need a good hard freeze.

Good news is any deer you do see should be in great shape and supporting nice headgear.