Warmer temperatures and night bite

EastTNFishn

Warmer temperatures and night bite

Post by EastTNFishn »

The warm weather and work schedule opening up I’m going to make a run at the lights this week. Has anyone tried their luck recently at night? I’ve been out to the surf once in the last week and no luck, hoping this warm weather fires them up as much as it’s firing me up. Thanks in advance.

EastTN
mwatson71

Re: Warmer temperatures and night bite

Post by mwatson71 »

Where are you planning on fishing? I was in the lights a few weeks ago and managed an undersized trout and a slot red, but it was cold as shit and I didn't stay out long.
EastTNFishn

Post by EastTNFishn »

We usually go out to pirates cove but we are trying to figure out where in sea isle or Jamaica beach to try something new. Today through Sunday night, if we go tonight and catch them I’d say I’ll go at least one more time possible two
mwatson71

Post by mwatson71 »

Good luck and let us know how you do. I am pretty sure Jamaica Beach is near impossible to lauch out of and at Sea Isle we either launch from my buddy’s backyard into his canal or at the boat ramp and just lift our yaks iver the chains.
shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by shoffer »

JB is a tough launch now. All the parking is private and I hear they may tow, but maybe not in the middle of the night. I think Pirates is your best bet.
EastTNFishn

Post by EastTNFishn »

Went to pirates cove. Started around 8 finished up about midnight. Not a lot going on, managed 2 slots a few dinks and one trout at 15”

Not many lights on. One of the nice homeowners with awesome overhead lights had fish spraying bait out of the water, eased over to check it out and the old man come running outside to cut his lights off. Told him thanks
mwatson71

Post by mwatson71 »

EastTNFishn wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:02 pm Went to pirates cove. Started around 8 finished up about midnight. Not a lot going on, managed 2 slots a few dinks and one trout at 15”

Not many lights on. One of the nice homeowners with awesome overhead lights had fish spraying bait out of the water, eased over to check it out and the old man come running outside to cut his lights off. Told him thanks
It looks like the major yesterday was 10:45p to 12:45a so a little curious if the bite was during that time period.

I rarely have run across anyone turning the lights off. There is one guy on Offats that will turn them off regularly, but most homeowners are generally pretty nice about it. I have had several conversations with owners who just want to know if I'm catching anything and then they wish me luck. If someone does turn them off, I just chalk it up to them having a bad experience with people fishing their lights and don't take it personally.