Reel service?

Post by deptrai »

Can you recommend a place to service the following reels:

• Shimano Torium 30
• Accurate Boss Magnum 665H Narrow
• Avet MXL 6/4 2-speed
• Avet JX Raptor 6/3-MC 2-speed
• Avet HX 5/2 2-speed

I'm in Missouri City and looking for an alternative to sending the Avets to the factory for servicing.

I've located the following places, but have no experience with them:

Anglers Anonymous
Tackle Hut
Serious Tackle

I won't use Fishing Tackle Unlimited and have plenty of time.

Thanks,

Dave
Kayak Kid
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Re: Reel service?

Post by Kayak Kid »

Dave, I have time on my hands and would be glad to service your reels for you. I recently totally dismantled and serviced my cousin's favorite reel and only had two parts left over. They were very small parts.
dnordin

Post by dnordin »

In case you need another option, I have had good service from Fishing Tackle Unlimited on Katy freeway, they recently redid old Shimano stradic from the 90's for me and its like butter now.
shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by shoffer »

Normally, I do my own, but I stripped a screw one time, so I took the Shimano Curado to FTU before. They are okay, but they took months and I had to call them to continually get an update. Another time, I broke a screw off, and I took it in to FTU and they removed the screw right then for no charge, so that was great. So, they were hit or miss.

More recently, I did not have time to do my own, so I took my Shimano SLX DC to Anglers Anonymous in Katy and they were fantastic. Highly recommended. My reel was done in a week and it was perfect when I got it back. $35 was the charge since I did not need any parts replaced. https://www.facebook.com/anglersanonymoustx/ or https://anglersanonymoustx.com/
deptrai

Post by deptrai »

Anglers Anonymous doesn't service reels the size I have.

The owner suggested Fishing Tackle Unlimited, David’s Tackle Box in Rosenberg or Serious Tackle in La Marque.

Dave