Cagle_6 Nov

txanalogkd

Cagle_6 Nov

Post by txanalogkd »

Last Spring was the last time I fished freshwater, and I really needed to feel those thumps from a black bass. Also, something about those Piney Woods that I love during the cooler months.

I caught three nice one's on a black & blue senko, and the bite was not back to back. I had to work for them. I tried the following; blue jig, white swim bait, and watermelon senko, but no hits.

I was expecting low water from the drought, but the level and color looked really good.
Neumie
Site Admin

Re: Cagle_6 Nov

Post by Neumie »

Yeah, I really like fishing lakes surrounded by pine trees. I don't do it too often now since I no longer live in DFW.

Y'all over in eastern Texas are in much better shape lake level wise than we are west of US 77.
Cityfisher

Re: Cagle_6 Nov

Post by Cityfisher »

Love the Sam Houston National Forest! That area is awesome during the spring spawn! I had two river otters play and tease me for an hour 1 day out from Stubblefield. Coolest thing I have ever seen! I was checking the weather for this weekend and since it looks like a lot of rain and high winds at the coast I may give it a go up there. Since it is hunting season I can't just primitive camp anywhere so I might stay the night at Stubblefield or if they are full head to one of the hunters camps and then head over to launch at the Stubblfeild bridge. Thanks for the inspiration! I have been missing that thump from a big ol bass myself!