Shout Out to TFO

Neumie
Site Admin

Shout Out to TFO

Post by Neumie »

Wanted to give TFO a shout for their customer service and warranty. About 2.5 years ago the insert on two of the footed eyes of my 2005 fly rod had fallen out, so I got a replacement section (I can't remember if I paid or not).

After I got the replacement section I kind of just put the fly rod away and haven't used it. I got my it out the other day and noticed one of the hard inserts on the replaced section had chipped and cracked. Not sure how or when this happened or if it was shipped like this, but I needed a new section.
PXL_20230813_190511421.jpg
I reached out to TFO asking if this was a service thing or if I needed to purchase a new section. They sent a brand new section, free if charge, no question asked. I was pretty surprised.

When I need to add another rod to my collection, for myself or my twins, it's going to be hard to go with any other brand than TFO.
TexasJim

Re: Shout Out to TFO

Post by TexasJim »

Me, too. I bought a TFO Pro II 8-wt.fly rod. Never fished with it. Still had the plastic over the cork grip. I got it out to try to flycast, and the top section was broken about in the middle. I bought this as a close-out from Sierra Trading Post, so expected no help. The nice person I talked with said they didn't have one(as I expected), but they were on the way. I gave her my info, and in about a week, I got a package with a replacement tip! That kind of service anymore is a rarity. They're certainly a top-notch company and my rod would be working fine, if I were a better flycaster. TexasJim
wittich

Re: Shout Out to TFO

Post by wittich »

I mainly buy my fly rods from TFO.
Sage, Scott etc ruined their customer service when they took back their lifetime guarantee.