Perfection

Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Perfection

Post by Prof. Salt »

The bane of surf fishers all along the coast is the cold water upwelling. It's a different situation a little farther offshore. Yesterday at a rockpile off of PINS Tod and I had cool and minty green water, lots of topwater action for kings and Spanish mackerel, and a surprising variety of very large and very frisky sharks. I don't know Tod's totals, but a few red snapper, twenty five kings and over thirty Spanish along with a variety of reef fish kept things busy on my kayak. The sharks stole a few fish beside the boat, but were not overly aggressive or making contact with the kayak. Bulls, tigers, blacktips and several hammers all kept me honest as I watched for the right moments to pluck fish out of the water. The day was warm and still (tempered nicely by the cold water), we shared a wild place with apex predators and the fishing was busy all day. It was perfect ...except halfway through the morning I ran out of memory storage in the camera. :?

The video is here: http://youtu.be/tzr0tFsZe2E

mwatson71

Re: Perfection

Post by mwatson71 »

Wow! That sounds like an epic day on the water. I am chained to a desk for the next few weeks.
OldTownYakBoi

Re: Perfection

Post by OldTownYakBoi »

Awesome day! One day I’ll venture out into the blue, but reading your posts and seeing the fish is a good start.

Glad the sharks weren’t too friendly and bumping into the kayak!