Hobie Ti or AI fishermen

rattlesnake68

Hobie Ti or AI fishermen

Post by rattlesnake68 »

Hello all. This year I'm making sure I don't miss the Kings. I'm watching for a weather / surf window starting mid next week. My sister and I will be headed to North Padre , from Oklahoma, for some BTB fishing. Last time, mid October, I was only able to get her into some red snapper, but I've promised to have her down there early enough for the Kings. Our plan is to camp on the beach for a couple of days so we have direct access to the beach. If there are any TI or AI owners that would like to get out there but feel nervous about solo trips, you're more than welcome to tag along. I generally troll divers or ribbon fish near rigs and pipes. If I get tired of that, I'll drop a line near a rig. Feel free to reach out to me, you can find me on FB or YouTube under Mathew Davis Adventures (one T).
GregO722

Re: Hobie Ti or AI fishermen

Post by GregO722 »

Hey Mathew....,I've seen some of your TI Videos!! I'm always looking for an opportunity to get out on my AI, and getting out with others is a bonus. Keep the updates going here. Hopefully the planets will align for me and I'll make it out with you.
rattlesnake68

Post by rattlesnake68 »

Sounds good. I'm retired now so I just need a weather window. My sister has some training days coming up, but they are spread out pretty good and shouldn't get in the way. When I've got a date set I'll let everyone know.
boricualouie

Post by boricualouie »

I’m from Austin, I have both TI and AI models.
rattlesnake68

Post by rattlesnake68 »

Alright, We have a date. Looks like we will head down there on July 21st Friday and fish the evening on North Padre at the heli pad. Then a long day on Saturday starting around daybreak, with a possible morning trip out on Sunday. The plan is to be on the road by noon on Sunday for the 10 hour trip back to Oklahoma.
GregO722

Post by GregO722 »

I had a family event that I had to attend, otherwise I would have been there. Looking forward to the recap of events.
boricualouie

Post by boricualouie »

Good evening! I fish out of an AI but I’m also a TI owner.
I normally go to port Aransas ,corpus Christi or Rockport
I’ve been really wanting to go to Florida.
rattlesnake68

Post by rattlesnake68 »

It was a great trip out with my sister and daughter. We had to work for it, but we caught some keeper snapper. Not sure where the kings were as my sister hooked only one that got off just under the kayak. My sister did catch three Cobia on this trip, first one was probably a keeper, second one was very small, and the third was 36". I didn't loose the last one and she was able to get some pictures of it. Unfortunately I lost her big Cobia just as I was lifting it into the yak. Let's just say, mistakes were made. https://youtu.be/xy8KXSF6vKQ . There is a very short highlight video on YouTube, titled Padre Island fishing highlight. It's comical as my sister goes nuts when she sees how clear the water was and jump from the Hobie TI. I tried to add some pictures in this update, but I don't understand how to do it. Oh well. It will be a few weeks before the full video comes out.
rattlesnake68

Post by rattlesnake68 »

Third cobia my sister caught on this trip
Third cobia my sister caught on this trip
Attachments
Resized_20230723_070104.jpeg
Resized_20230721_192800.jpeg
20230722_062514.jpg