TUESDAY, JULY 11TH, 2023 (ONE LAST CAST PODCAST)

Yakety_Yak

TUESDAY, JULY 11TH, 2023 (ONE LAST CAST PODCAST)

Post by Yakety_Yak »

Greetings offshore kayakers! The Podcast, One Last Cast, has invited me to talk on offshore kayak fishing this upcoming Tuesday. No matter if you are driving or at home, jump online and listen to the podcast. Also, feel free to post your questions in the chat box. The podcast is only an hour and that goes by real fast but we will try and get to everyone's questions. Until then, tight lines!
One Last Cast.jpg
deptrai

Re: TUESDAY, JULY 11TH, 2023 (ONE LAST CAST PODCAST)

Post by deptrai »

I watched this one too. Blake put his duster on the wire leader before the 1/2 oz. sinker. I thought Glenn's video showed to do the opposite and that is what I followed. I'm going to have to go back and review. I'm also going to post pics of the two gaffs I have and ask which is more appropriate for the upcoming trip.
Yakety_Yak

Re: TUESDAY, JULY 11TH, 2023 (ONE LAST CAST PODCAST)

Post by Yakety_Yak »

deptrai wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:45 pm I watched this one too. Blake put his duster on the wire leader before the 1/2 oz. sinker. I thought Glenn's video showed to do the opposite and that is what I followed. I'm going to have to go back and review. I'm also going to post pics of the two gaffs I have and ask which is more appropriate for the upcoming trip.
When I am putting on duster skirts, I put the weight on after the skirt. If I am putting on a sea witch skirt (which I haven't used in awhile), then I put the weight on first and then the skirt.