Dead Man’s Hole

DHardy

Dead Man’s Hole

Post by DHardy »

Dead Man’s Hole. Good water clarity. There was an abundance of redfish feeding on finger mullet. A few nice trout. Fishing drop offs and potholes with a slow, double tap, extended pause retrieve. Light colored paddle tails and Zman Kicker Crabz on 1/8 oz weedless. Kept a few for the table. No flounder this time which I targeted for a good while. Picked up a full trash bag of other peoples garbage left at the parking spot. There’s been some nice winds and bull tides lately. Good luck.
D6F05115-A970-4088-A623-930BFBCB6F43.jpeg
Kitsune

Re: Dead Man’s Hole

Post by Kitsune »

Awesome. I really enjoy that spot. Is the parking/ road still open for everyone? It used to get a lot of traffic when I fished. Awesome job picking up trash, we need that place!
OldTownYakBoi

Post by OldTownYakBoi »

What a great outing, those are some slab redfish, congratulations and thanks for posting!

Maybe I’ll take a trip to Rockport/Aransas soon, truly a magical place, especially this time of year
DHardy

Post by DHardy »

The fishing has been good and should get better over the next month. This is a great time of year for inshore and surf. The road is open for now. Several private roads to good areas have been closed over the years due to trash. I try to pickup what I can. Best of luck!