NE winds a seastate

A6C5O7

NE winds a seastate

Post by A6C5O7 »

To those of you who have experience with going BTB with a 5-10k NE wind (I'll be going out of the slabs) what was your experience?
impulse

Re: NE winds a seastate

Post by impulse »

A lot of that will depend on what happened in the previous days. Just an example, here's this morning at San Luis Pass. Right now, the weather is delightful. But the West Bay looks like iced coffee. I haven't looked at the beach this morning because I figured, why bother? The beach was roiled up yesterday, even before the front. We had a 1-2 day window last week where SLP was green up to the beach, while the Galveston Seawall was spotty.

Keep an eye on the surf cams and get an up to the minute reports. Not to mention the hundreds of arrests on Bolivar beaches this weekend... I think it's Jeep Weekend, but I'm subject to correction. Either way, doesn't bode well for traffic access if you accidentally get caught up in it.

Or it may be absolutely perfect out there...
Attachments
NOAA.jpg
impulse

Post by impulse »

Attendees had to wait at least three hours in traffic to hop on one of the five ferries running between Galveston Island and the Bolivar Peninsula.

Glad I missed out, even if it was "Go topless Jeep Weekend".

https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... cials-say/

A6C5O7

Post by A6C5O7 »

Oh man that is alot going on. Thank you for your insight. I was targeting this weekend. Winds look to be light and variable but swapping every which way. I'd like to go BTB but I'm happy puttering around the marshes also.