Galveston surf finally clearing up

impulse

Galveston surf finally clearing up

Post by impulse »

Took a turtle patrol ride from Galv State Park to San Luis Pass, then drove into G-Town on the Seawall today around noon. From the Seawall to around Sea Isle, the surf is spotty with some sections of green water to the beach. Down at SLP, the green water came all the way to the beach and looked great.

Surf is still about 2', but it looks like we finally got a break from all the wind that's been churning up the chocolate milk in the surf for most of the spring.

Obviously, that can all change for the better or the worse if the wind shifts before the weekend. If I had to summarize, don't get dismayed if you see patchy brown/green water at the Seawall because it's much better down at SLP.

On the West Bay side in Sea Isle, tons of small glass minnows in the lights and churning between the lights, but not many big fish visible. Neighbors are grinding out a mixed bag of trout, reds, flounders and (of course) hardheads. But they're working a lot harder than the same time last year.
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: Galveston surf finally clearing up

Post by Dandydon »

You da MAN, Impulse! Image

Thanks for the great Galveston surf & nighttime reports. Green water to the SLP beach is wade-fishing heaven on earth.

When those Sea Isle lights start revealing big trout and reds, we shall be down for a visit. Keep up the good work, amigo. Image Image

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

mwatson71

Re: Galveston surf finally clearing up

Post by mwatson71 »

Rumor has it someone caught a few specks to 19” the other night fishing the Sea Isle lights.