*****BOB HALL PIER - BTB, AUGUST 18th, THURSDAY, 2022 (((((UPDATES)))))*****

Yakety_Yak

*****BOB HALL PIER - BTB, AUGUST 18th, THURSDAY, 2022 (((((UPDATES)))))*****

Post by Yakety_Yak »

[UPDATED 8-16-22] This will be the final update for this outing. Things look to be good for Thursday. I always encourage people to bring inshore gear just in case Mother Nature changes things without warning. This way you can still fish and not waste a trip. I will see you guys on Thursday morning. Have a good one and tight lines!

[UPDATED 8-15-22] After looking over the weather and conditions, the best day this week to do the BHP outing is this Thursday. I will make one more report tomorrow in case anything changes. Normally I wouldn't need to make anymore updates but this summer has been very strange with the weather and conditions. It's better to be safe than sorry. Once again, BHP looks to be a "GO" for Thursday, August 18th.

[UPDATED 8-14-22] There looks like a window might open up for either August 17th or 18th.
I will post an update for tomorrow to see what the conditions will hold in store.

[UPDATED 8-12-22] Everything has changed for this weekend and the week. The surf is now calling for 2 - 3 ft surf and the rain is at 70% t-storms on the average. This weekend is out of the question. There might be a window later this week. I will report back on Sunday, August 14th with details possibly leading into the week. As far as for this Sunday, it's a No Go. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it's about keeping people safe on the water so we can all have a great time. Let's try for the week and see what happens. Have a great upcoming weekend!

[UPDATED 8-10-22] This truly has been a weird summer. This weekend looks good but the thunderstorms are making fishing difficult for this weekend. If the t-storms don't go away, and for the sake of getting this outing in, I may move things to the upcoming week. Monday thru Wednesday look fairly good. To make a proper assessment, I will make the final call on Friday, August 12th.

[UPDATED 8-7-22] Sunday the 14th looks okay but the week of August 15th - 19th looks really great. I’m hoping some of those great conditions during the week push into Sunday the 14th. If it doesn’t, I will hold this outing during the week instead of the weekend. I will post an update on Tuesday and Thursday. If you have any questions, the best way to reach me is to call.

Hello to all my fellow kayaking friends. Just like last summer, 2021, I wanted to do something for this summer 2022 in regards to BTB kayak fishing for new people (of course intermediate and advanced kayakers are welcome). Several years ago, I put together a BTB trip for anyone that wanted to get out to do BTB at Surfside, this included kayakers of all levels. It was awesome! We had a total of 34 kayakers that made it out that day. Many just went to the buoys while others went to the 5-mile rig. It was really cool to see that many yaks out on the water. Some of the people that fished off of the jettys at Surfside thought that there was a tournament going on with that many kayaks launching, lol. The following year I ran another one of these outings except it was run out of Corpus Christi instead of Surfside. We had many more show up than the previous year. This trip was a huge success! I believe all the new kayakers caught kings that day and I would say around 70% of the new kayakers limited out on kings. On top of it all, even some of the new kayakers caught cobia. What an amazing day on the water it was!! As each year has gone by, this outing has become larger and larger. This has turned out to be a great way for new kayakers to learn how to go BTB and hopefully to catch some fish while out there on the water.

Since Corpus Christi was such a huge success as in years past, I’m going to continue to do it at Corpus Christi again out at the Bob Hall Pier beachline. The way it works is we all meet just south of Ball Hall Pier on the beach and make our way on out to the rig to try our luck at smacks, kings, and anything else that we can get into. If you are new to BTB, this would be a great trip to try out. The rig is not far offshore (give or take a mile) and there will be plenty of support out on the water with all the kayakers that will be fishing with us. This is not a tournament or an event (This is merely an open invite to anyone that wants to attend.). It's just a way to get all levels of kayakers out on the water and to have fun hanging out while fishing.

The game plan is for everyone to meet just south of Bob Hall Pier on the beach at 5:00am Saturday, June 25th (If you are new, you may want to arrive earlier so that you have plenty of time to prepare.). There will be a short meeting before we launch to answer any questions by anyone (around 6:30am). There will be plenty of experienced kayakers there that can answer anything as well. After the meeting, we will launch approximately around 7:00am.

The exact location we will meet at and where quite a few will be camping at is as such. Once you get to Bob Hall Pier, go south on to the beach. Once on the beach, continue for a brief moment until you see Access Rd 6 on the right. We used to camp out about 100 to 200 yards past Access Rd 6 on the left (beach side). If there is new sand out there making it difficult for 2wd vehicles to get through and the tides have been coming up fairly high making it tough to camp on the beach side, what we will do then is we will be camping on the right up along the dune side right after you pass Access Rd 6.

*****In regards to a backup date, here is how that works. The backup date will fall to the following weekend until we have a good weekend to have this activity. Hopefully the conditions and weather will be good and we can all get out on June 25th. If interested, post your name on here and I will add you to the list.*****

OKAY.... WHO'S INTERESTING IN GOING?

01 Blake Colburn (aka: Yakety_Yak)
02 Steve Colburn
03 Domingo Lucius
04 Adrian Arenas (Poseidon01)
05 Ben Watson (Volkswatson)
06 Al (bigtrout)
07 Arlo
08 Adrian (Austin)
09 Brett
10 Charlie (kickingback)
11 kickingback's son
12 Chris Speckels
13 Craig Ray
14 Charles Emmott
15 Darwin S. Ramos
16 Damian Garcia
17 Doug Bailey
18 Donnie Hunt
19 Gib Hafernick
20 Frank Castellon (frank.castellon)
21 David LaHaie (lahai1dj)
22 Brandon Rabius
23 Hector
24 Daniela Elizondo
25 Jace
26 Jeremy (El Gato Diablo)
27 Jesse Chapa
28 Jose A. Flores-Zaher
29 Han (vg30et)
30 Justin Branam
31 Justin Branam's friend
32 Jose
33 Jake
34 Jerry Krabe (SWFinatic)
35 Jude Lopez
36 Jeff Echols (jeffechols)
37 Greg (PC)
38 Leo
39 Marvin Monk
40 Mike Flores (fishin Ninja)
41 Gunner Hernandez
42 Michael Watson (mwatson71)
43 Michael Watson's son
44 John
45 John's son
46 Lanissa Campbell
47 Joseph Campbell
48 Mark Alcala
49 Mike Smalley
50 Jeremiah McNiel (jeremy0826)
51 Mike Tomberlin
52 Pete Pham
53 Paco Campos
54 Robbie (Mellow-Yellow)
55 Jose (San Anontio)
56 Tony Aguirre (taguirre1965)
57 Travis Canterbury
58 Van Patterson
59 Van Patterson's son-in-law
60 Vu (Fishtolive)
61 Tuan Nguyen (texastuan)
62 Sean Keith Fagan
63 Troy Guffy
64 Steve Ocanas
65 Walter Gonzalez (Walteezy)
66 Stephen
67 Xay
68 Marshall Mamac
79 Ryan Woods
70 William Tryon
71 Steve Soliz
72 Stephen Means
73 Richard Hallum
74 Mohammad M. Shobaki
75 Michael Ritz
76 Marcos Medina
77 Michael (RC)
78 Marco Arias
79 Nate Vargas
80 Roy (niswanger)
81 Logan (Mahi Whisperer)
82 Josh Serlin
83 Carlos
84 Rick Fox
85 Dan Wiggins (Flying Fish TV)
86 J C Butler (Kalait)
87 Oscar Alvarado
88 Nathan Giles
89 Reese Giles
90 Davis Nguyen
91 Tank
92 Clinton Lott
93 bjcap2020
94 Richard Matta
95 Stanley Damas (Island_Snapper)
96 Jonathan Murcelo Willie
97 David Sanchez (dasanchez03)
98 David Villarreal
99 J. R. Arocha
100 Redfishhunter28
101 Crsrdz420
102 Yves
103 Matt (TxTitan)
104 Bruce Bennett (Brucell)
105 Terry Howard (sanantonioyak)
106 LANshark
107 nworley
108 Taton Boyd (OldTownTater)
109 Poncoloco
110 Roger Ramjet
111 Haydenhuh9
112 Patrick Ackerman
113 Patrick Ackerman's friend
114 J C Butler (Kalait)
115 Darren Eiswirth (Lima Charlie)
116 Mark Goss
117 Matthew Goss
118 Justice Goss
119 Nathan
120 arrowsmack324
121 arrowsmack324 friend
122 deptrai
123 Andrew (andrewthanhvu)
124 Benjamin - Andrew's brother
125 Jake Fortenberry (JakeFortenberry)
126 product19
127 Asalgado
128 bkinnamon
129 Al Bode
130 TexasDrew
131 John Hall
132 Sean Hall

So far we have 132 kayakers going. These are people that are going or are a maybe. Who else wants to go? Post up on this thread and I will be happy to add you to the list.

The address to Bob Hall Pier is.....
15820 Park Rd 22
Corpus Christi, TX 78418
(361) 949-0499

PS: As it gets closer to the date, I will make a post on here a few days before (lunchtime of Thursday, June 23rd) to let everyone know if conditions/weather is good or not so that nobody makes a trip for nothing. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE CHECKING THE THREAD FOR UPDATES AS IT GETS CLOSER SO THAT YOU KNOW WHAT’S GOING ON. SOMETIMES IT COULD COME DOWN TO THE FINAL DAY BEFORE THE OUTING BEFORE THINGS COULD CHANGE. THIS HAS HAPPENED A FEW TIMES. If things look debatable, I will postponed to be on the safe side. As stated above, if the trip gets postponed, I will reschedule on the date mentioned in this thread.

If you are new to BTB and this is your first trip out or if you have gone out but not very much and are still fairly new to BTB, please read. There are a few things you may need to know before hitting the water. First and foremost, please make sure you have your PFD on you at all times. The law states that you must have a PFD on the vessel at all times with you if you are 17 years of age and older (if under 17, you are required to have it on at all times). If you flip over and the PFD is not on your body, what good is it doing you? It would be worth your time to buy a good quality PFD and not the $9.99 version at Academy.

Another thing I would recommend investing into is a quality VHF radio. There are so many reasons as to why you should have a radio on you when you are on the water BTB kayak fishing of which I will talk about a little lower on this thread as you keep reading. If you need to figure out a good radio to purchase, please feel free to call me (832-588-7091) and definitely keep reading as I will explain a few things on a quality VHF radio to buy. If you do not have a radio, of which I hope everyone does, stay with a group of people while on the water that does have a radio. Safety is in numbers and the more people you can be fishing close to, the better.

Just a few items that people mentioned that were new to BTB in years past that said they needed to get the most but they didn’t already have were (in no particular order but I would hope the radio was at the top, lol) 1) radio 2) gaff 3) fish bag.

When we arrive in the morning a few ground rules will be covered in the meeting before we launch to make sure all the new people are on the same page. For the intermediate and advanced fishermen, you guys are good to go but while we are explaining things if there is anything left out, please feel free to chime in. I also would like to say that when you show up to fish, please make sure you have enough tackle. There is nothing worse than showing up and not having the correct tackle or hardly any tackle and asking everyone to borrow their stuff. It's one thing if you need a swivel but to borrow someone's $20 Waxwing lure, only to have a break-off and lose it, that's not good. Unless you plan on paying for that lure, it's better to show up with your own tackle. If you are not sure what to show up with, please ask on this thread. I can tell you for sure to make or buy king fish leaders (the key bait for kings is ribbon fish or even live bait). If you want to make king fish leaders, check out Prof. Salt's YouTube channel (click on the link I have provided). He has a video in there that explains how to make king fish leaders and it’s really good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t82a8- ... xA&index=4

If you do camp on the beach, make sure you purchase a beach pass which can be purchased at any Stripes Gas Station. From what I have been told, if you camp on the beach past Access Road 6, no beach pass is necessary (I will be getting a beach pass just in case). I know I will be back again quite a few times and I will get my money’s worth out of it. The beach pass is $12.00 which is good for the entire year. Hopefully we can all get out there, have a great time, and catch some fish!

If you would like to read up on the reports from a few years ago, here are the links: https://tinyurl.com/quhj6ue and tinyurl.com/16jeb91o

For those of you that have any questions, please feel free to post on this thread, PM me on TKF, or give me a call. 832-588-7091

Also...... Always call before going up to see if the bait shops have ribbon fish. Some suggestions for bait shops that carry ribbon fish are:

Billings Bait Stand
13428 S. Padre Island Dr.
Corpus Christi, TX 78418
361-949-8692

Roy’s Bait & Tackle Outfitters
7613 S. Padre Island Dr.
Corpus Christi, TX 78412
361-992-2960

Red Dot Pier
11801 S. Padre Island Dr.
Corpus Christi, TX 78418
361-937-5347

Fisherman's Bait & Seafood
1101 Laguna Shores Rd.
Corpus Christi, TX 78418
361-239-4648

For those of you that are looking at buying a VHF radio and are not sure what to get, here are a few things to consider....

Many people try to buy the Cobra or Midland VHF radios and many times, not always, it's because of the low price. The Cobra and Midland brand is commonly sold at Academy. That is how I find that many find out about these radios. There are other cheap brands out there, not just Cobra. The problem is that you get what you pay for many times with these brands. Because of the lower price, you sacrifice something for the cheaper brands out there. I have explained in the past the five things to look for in a quality VHF radio but I have now found a sixth thing. Here are the six things you should look for in purchasing a quality VHF radio:

1) floats
2) water proof
3) it should have NOAA weather radio
4) at least a 5-mile radius
5) good battery life (if you are going to be on the water all day, make sure your battery will last)
6) Make sure your radio has a channel 16 emergency button so that you can reach coast guard immediately

The sixth item is the newest I have added to the list. The reason for this is that a common station that many are allowed to be on are the upper channels. Us kayakers choose channel 69 many times. Even though we use the radio for fishing talk, it's important to remember that this radio's primary purpose is for emergencies. What happens if you are on channel 69 and there is an emergency. On a cheaper radio, you will have to push through all the stations to get from channel 69 to channel 16 (channel 16 is the coast guard station). That is a lot of channels to thumb through. My radio has a button that has "9/16" on it (this is a common feature on some radios). Once I hit this button, it immediately takes me to where I need to be without going through other less important channels.

Another thing that is not necessarily needed but is a nice feature, is a channel lock feature. I'm almost definite this lock feature I am about to talk about will be the seventh thing on the list before long. On my radio, there is a button that has a key pic on the top of the button. Once I hold this down for a few seconds, it locks all of my keys. To reverse the process, repeat the same thing and it will disengage this feature. If the feature is active, a small pic of a key will present itself on the electronic screen. Once disabled, the key pic goes away. This feature is useful because as kayakers, we are limited in space. Constantly you will find that your radio buttons will get pressed somehow during the day taking you off of the channel you are trying to be on. If you are fishing with friends and you don't hear them the entire time, you will think their radio is off or has gone down. In reality, your radio channel is on the wrong station. Also, when you are talking to the coast guard, you will want to make sure you stay on the designated channel and not accidentally get switched.

Some of the brands that many use on the water that are considered reliable are (in no particular order):

1) Standard Horizon
2) ICOM
3) Uniden

I personally roll with the Standard Horizon HX300. For the value of this radio, it's hard to beat the quality and price. All of these radio brands are good that I just listed. If you search on the internet, sometimes you will find that there are mail-in rebates. My radio had at one time a $20.00 mail-in rebate. The average going price on the Standard Horizon HX300 is around $125.00. That is a great price for a quality VHF radio. I have heard people talk about the HX290. It has everything the HX300 has except one thing. The HX300 has a longer battery life. For a few bucks more, I am more than happy to buy the HX300 to have a longer battery life. If you find that you are the kind of person that is only going to be on the water for about half a day, then I could see buying the HX290.

One last thing I would like to mention. Sometimes I like to use TV's in relation to VHF radios. I consider buying a Cobra or Midland in relation to RCA. Buying one of the better brands is like buying a Toshiba. By buying a RCA, is that what your life is worth? We take a VHF radio for granted because we hit the water never suspecting anything will ever happen to us. If that time ever comes when you need a radio and you bought an RCA, I can only pray that it works for you. I know my Toshiba will as it has on a few occasions that I have needed it.

If you are looking at fish bags and are not sure what to get, here is a fantastic option. This bag is durable, it holds ice for extended periods of time, and is half the price of most other bags.....

https://www.delawarepaddlesports.com/de ... bag-large/

I want to let you guys know of something I have been looking at for a while and pulled the trigger on it quite a few seasons ago. Ever since then, I have been completely happy with it. What I am referring to is a particular fish bag. I have owned two fish bags before this current one I now own. Both bags are the Native fish bag. Both bags are now in the garbage as they don't hold up very well for very long. I remember when I got both Native fish bags, they were both damaged after the first trip on the water. Each time I placed a fish in the bag, the fish would cut up the interior of the bag. Furthermore, the zipper would eventually rust. These bags are $150.00 each at the time. I don't know what they are worth now but I do know to buy a quality bag it runs around $150 - $200 (sometimes more). The pricing on these things is just absolutely ridiculous!

One day at one of my BHP outings, I met this guy that had a fish bag that I had never seen before on his Native Slayer Propel (thanks Angel for the info on this bag). I inquired about it. After that trip, I immediately went home and found the bag online. After a little research, I purchased it. I have not been disappointed with this bag yet. Some of the points of this bag are:

1) The inside of the bag is much more durable than the Native bag and will still insulate your ice
2) The exterior of the bag is durable as well
3) There are two zippers instead of one (just in case, I always put a coat of WD-40 on the zippers to keep them lubricated)
4) The price is absolutely awesome! (I'll explain below)
5) The bag is larger than most bags

The cost of this bag is $125.00 and the shipping is free when you enter "Bam" as a coupon code for the free shipping. There is no tax as Delaware is a tax free state. Either way you look at it, the bag is still going to be cheaper than most other bags (don’t forget that the quality is excellent as well).

One last thing on this bag. There is a place you can put carabiners on to secure the bag to the yak (I have pad eyes on my yak to secure the carabiner to it from the bag). There are plenty of options to choose from. Just to give you an idea of how big this bag is, I have had three king mackerel and four red snapper in this bag and it has held up. That is a lot of fish! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask or you can call me. 832-588-7091

In addition to the pics on Delaware Paddlesports web page, here are some others pics of the bag on kayaks:

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me by posting on this thread, PM me, or call/text me. 832-588-7091 Tight lines!!
Tank

Re: *****BOB HALL PIER - BTB, JUNE 25, 2022 SATURDAY****

Post by Tank »

I would like to join.
TarponTime

Post by TarponTime »

Where do you git minners at?
Yakety_Yak

Post by Yakety_Yak »

Tank wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:28 am I would like to join.
Got ya added.

TarponTime wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:28 am Where do you git minners at?
Where we are going we will be using something much larger than minners. :)
Island_Snapper

Post by Island_Snapper »

Stanley Damas
Yakety_Yak

Post by Yakety_Yak »

Island_Snapper wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:43 am Stanley Damas
Gotcha added.
dasanchez03

Post by dasanchez03 »

Can you add me to your list for June 25th, kayaking to oil rigs?
Redfishhunter28

Post by Redfishhunter28 »

Can you put me in pls thanks
Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Prof. Salt »

Just an FYI: Any of you guys/ladies who are wanting some bait options aside from ribbonfish would do well with these two. I've used pretty much everything you can imagine while paddling offshore, and none seem to catch fish better than these two lures from Halco. The Max is a sinking and vibrating bait that works the middle and lower water column, and the LaserPro works the upper end. Between the two of them, they can cover the whole depth effectively without having to play with ribbons (or if you can't find them). Roy's has the Max in stock and has ordered more of the LaserPros. I hope they arrive soon because I need a couple to replace destroyed ones from last year. The larger versions of the lure get bit too, but not as much. Other colors work too, but nothing seems to match the pattern shown.

Max 110 in baitfish pattern:

LaserPro 120 in the same pattern:
Crsrdz420

Post by Crsrdz420 »

I would like to register for this event
Yves

Post by Yves »

Please add me to the list.

Yves Raynaud
Yakety_Yak

Post by Yakety_Yak »

dasanchez03 wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:00 am Can you add me to your list for June 25th, kayaking to oil rigs?
Done deal.

Redfishhunter28 wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:00 am Can you put me in pls thanks
You have been added.

Prof. Salt wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:00 am Just an FYI: Any of you guys/ladies who are wanting some bait options aside from ribbonfish would do well with these two. I've used pretty much everything you can imagine while paddling offshore, and none seem to catch fish better than these two lures from Halco. The Max is a sinking and vibrating bait that works the middle and lower water column, and the LaserPro works the upper end. Between the two of them, they can cover the whole depth effectively without having to play with ribbons (or if you can't find them). Roy's has the Max in stock and has ordered more of the LaserPros. I hope they arrive soon because I need a couple to replace destroyed ones from last year. The larger versions of the lure get bit too, but not as much. Other colors work too, but nothing seems to match the pattern shown.
In addition to all this great information, will we see an appearance from the great Prof. Salt at this outing?

Crsrdz420 wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:00 am I would like to register for this event
Sounds good. Welcome to the addiction!

Yves wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:00 am Please add me to the list.
No problem, done. :)
niswanger

Post by niswanger »

Looking forward to it. The "Mahi Whisperer" will return :)

https://youtu.be/ksA7BUIGwrk?t=315

-Roy
LANshark

Post by LANshark »

Please add me to June 25th at Bob Pier. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

nworley

Post by nworley »

Add me to the list, not totally sure if I can make it but I certainly want to try! I’ve done BTB at high island several times but I’ve been itching to go farther out and try for some kingfish!
Yakety_Yak

Post by Yakety_Yak »

LANshark wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:33 am Please add me to June 25th at Bob Pier. Thanks!
Gotcha added.

nworley wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:33 am Add me to the list, not totally sure if I can make it but I certainly want to try! I’ve done BTB at high island several times but I’ve been itching to go farther out and try for some kingfish!
I've added you as well.
Poncoloco

Post by Poncoloco »

Please put me down for this wonderful experience
I’ll start making plans for it!!!!
Roger Ramjet

Post by Roger Ramjet »

I want to go!
Haydenhuh9

Post by Haydenhuh9 »

please add me to the list, thanks.
Yakety_Yak

Post by Yakety_Yak »

Poncoloco wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:52 pm Please put me down for this wonderful experience
I’ll start making plans for it!!!!
Got ya added.

Roger Ramjet wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:52 pm I want to go!
You've been added.

Haydenhuh9 wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:52 pm I want to go!
Welcome, I have you added.
SWFinatic

Post by SWFinatic »

Guys I'm clearing out some of the stuff I don't use and have a couple items for sale some may need for this trip.

I have a Delaware Paddlesports large fish bag (that was mentioned above) in great condition for cheap. The bag is great I just went to a different style bag. I have added some foam insulation to it using velcro that makes this bag hold ice better than my Reliable Fishing Products bag does.
https://austin.craigslist.org/spo/d/elg ... 3812.html- SOLD

Also have a Standard Horizon handheld radio that never left my house (bought as a spare).
https://austin.craigslist.org/spo/d/elg ... 8620.html- SOLD
mwatson71

Post by mwatson71 »

I’ll take that marine radio if you don’t care how long it takes me to come pick it up.
SWFinatic

Post by SWFinatic »

mwatson71 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 6:07 pm I’ll take that marine radio if you don’t care how long it takes me to come pick it up.
Deal it's yours.
SWFinatic

Post by SWFinatic »

SWFinatic wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 8:10 am Guys I'm clearing out some of the stuff I don't use and have a couple items for sale some may need for this trip.

I have a Delaware Paddlesports large fish bag (that was mentioned above) in great condition for cheap. The bag is great I just went to a different style bag. I have added some foam insulation to it using velcro that makes this bag hold ice better than my Reliable Fishing Products bag does.
https://austin.craigslist.org/spo/d/elg ... 93812.html

Also have a Standard Horizon handheld radio that never left my house (bought as a spare).
https://austin.craigslist.org/spo/d/elg ... 88620.html
Both of these items are now gone.
Kalait

Post by Kalait »

Please add me to the June 25 trip. Praying we can go, though the past 2 years the go date has been up to one month late :(. But have to be safe.