Fricking geese

motoyak

Fricking geese

Post by motoyak »

Im dealing with some aggressive geese where I launch and paddle. I know they are not nesting, just being territorial Aholes. :lol:
Anybody got any suggestions on how to deal with them? I don't want to whack them with my paddle and I certainly dont want to feed them as both actions would just cause more problems. Thinking airhorn? Ideas?
Neumie
Site Admin

Re: Fricking geese

Post by Neumie »

Lol, the dang swans on Town Lake are a-holes too.

Maybe a Super Soaker?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

impulse

Post by impulse »

All kidding aside, what's the Texas law for hunting non-native, invasive geese? I know in some areas, nuisance species like Egyptian geese are treated with all the respect of pigeons and rats, but they cook up a lot nicer.

What about Texas? (Edit: Understanding, of course, that any hunting in crowded parks is generally frowned upon...)

Unprotected Birds
Birds not protected by any state or federal law include European starlings, English sparrows (house sparrow), feral rock doves (common pigeon), Egyptian geese, Muscovy ducks (except in Hidalgo, Starr, Zapata counties) and Eurasian collared-doves; these species may be killed at any time, their nests or eggs destroyed, and their feathers possessed.

Source: https://tpwd.texas.gov/regulations/outd ... er-species

Just sayin'...
motoyak

Post by motoyak »

haha, dont wanna put a hit out on them but in this PC world I can see the headlines now...Angry fisherman attacks local geese :lol:
If I were in Austin, the Libs would break out the tar and feathers :shock: :lol:
Kirk B.

Post by Kirk B. »

motoyak wrote: If I were in Austin, the Libs would break out the tar and feathers :shock: Image
At least they would use the geese for the feathers.
All you can really do is do your best to ignore them. They won't really hurt you, except to give you a ferocious pinch or 2.
Your gonna leave the area, which just reinforces the notion that they chased off the threat.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

CastawaySteve

Post by CastawaySteve »

There are a few things you can do to deal with aggressive geese when kayaking. One is to try and avoid them altogether by steering clear of their territory - i know, not always the easiest thing to do,

If that's not possible or if they start to approach you, try making loud noises or throwing to scare them away or or food to distract them.

You can also try using a deterrent, like a squirt gun or a whistle, to keep them at bay.