Wilson's Cut - November 20th, 2021

RLink

Wilson's Cut - November 20th, 2021

Post by RLink »

Been lurking on the forum for awhile and enjoying the content. Thought I'd share a fishing report from Sat. 11/20/21. Packed up the night before since I'm based in San Antonio and was unloaded at Wilson's Cut by 5:30am Sat. Totally forgot about duck season! Arrived to find 2 airboats, 2 flat bottoms and a kayak or two already in the launch area.

I've fished Wilson's Cut half a dozen times, so know the area pretty well, but this morning was exceptionally dark and the water level had changed the topography. Took me awhile to convince myself I knew where I was!

Dodged the duck hunters and found a few trout and rat reds before 9:00am. ZMan 4"DieZel minnow in Sexy Penny on a Texas Eye Jigheads rigged weedless and a small gold spoon accounted for the majority of fish up to this point. Switched spots a few times and headed closer to the bay towards Pink Shack Cove late morning.
Found the fish in 3'-4' of water in the pot holes. First few trout came on a Kelly Wiggler red/white paddle tail (my confidence bait) but was getting too much grass. Switched over to a Redbone DieZel minnow and game on. 8 reds, largest was 25" and I lost count of trout. Largest trout was 17.75". All the bites came by bringing the DieZel minnow through the grass, (not on top) into the pot holes. Best bites came when the wind died between a NE and SE wind change that day.

All catch and release. I've got pics, but not sure how to add them to the post.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Tight Lines!
Last edited by RLink on Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Wilson's Cut - November 20th, 2021

Post by Ron Mc »

Happy Thanksgiving back at ya.
Good call on the sand holes w/ cold front pushing down.

There's a way to upload photos (attachments) to the TKF server - I just don't know what it is.
I use an Imgur account - the free account works great up to a limited bandwidth, and then $5/mo membership will increase bandwidth and storage.

The BB Code is what you paste into your post box.
RLink

Post by RLink »

Ron Mc wrote:Happy Thanksgiving back at ya.
Good call on the sand holes w/ cold front pushing down.

There's a way to upload photos (attachments) to the TKF server - I just don't know what it is.
I use an Imgur account - the free account works great up to a limited bandwidth, and then $5/mo membership will increase bandwidth and storage.

The BB Code is what you paste into your post box.
Thanks for the tip!!!
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

you're welcome - thanks for adding the photos
txanalogkd

Post by txanalogkd »

Red & White Kelly Wiggler; that is a blast from the past. Lately, the Vudu Shrimp has been my Go To bait but I may have to bring out my old KW shrimp tails.

Thanks for posting the report.
RLink

Post by RLink »

txanalogkd wrote:Red & White Kelly Wiggler; that is a blast from the past. Lately, the Vudu Shrimp has been my Go To bait but I may have to bring out my old KW shrimp tails.

Thanks for posting the report.
Tell me about it. I think I may have just dated myself. Caught some great fish on that combination.