New kayak?

Scooter1972

New kayak?

Post by Scooter1972 »

Anybody heard of Vanhunks kayaks? They make surfboards out of south africa. Looks like one of theirs is a seaghost mold. Thanks
Neumie
Site Admin

Re: New kayak?

Post by Neumie »

Definitely made from one of the major Chinese factories as other brands. Relatively new to the market and I only know of APT in North Richland Hills as the only Texas dealer.
Scooter1972

Post by Scooter1972 »

well i couldnt wait and bought a couple....seems well made although im not sure what im looking for. Parts seem sturdy and was told its made in same factory as sea ghost....800 with rudder and cheap paddle was hard to pass up . plus nobody really has any inventory in this price range......my first kayak so i'll see how it goes
Neumie
Site Admin

Post by Neumie »

Scooter1972 wrote:well i couldnt wait and bought a couple....seems well made although im not sure what im looking for. Parts seem sturdy and was told its made in same factory as sea ghost....800 with rudder and cheap paddle was hard to pass up . plus nobody really has any inventory in this price range......my first kayak so i'll see how it goes
I'm sure it'll serve you well. I really don't have much issue with the mass produced kayaks from China other than components feel cheap (rudder, hatches) but the rotomold seems solid.

Welcome to the sport and get some slime on your new kayak.