Cali Cat Yakkers Fishing Report 21 JUL 2018

Remus

Cali Cat Yakkers Fishing Report 21 JUL 2018

Post by Remus »

Another great day kayak fishing in Calaveras. We started with a foggy morning with no wind, plenty bait at the launch.
I was joined by Yakdat in his sleek Radar with Wisocrazy joining us later in the morning.
As soon as we arrived to the 181 cove Yakdat hooked a big catfish and it was pretty much non-stop until we left at 1pm with a couple of slow periods. I was able to land four Redfish with two 8lbs/30 inch Reds. Yakdat skillfully manage to land 23 Catfish in the 4-7lbs range and one 27 inch Redfish. He was using HEB chicken liver for the Cats. Wisocrazy caught a Redfish while trolling but left us early to troll the lake. I don't have his totals. The lake was very calm and we left around the time the heat was beginning to climb. Sun protection is a must with plenty of water for hydration because it is hot!
Feel free to join next Saturday in the am.
Attachments
P7141304.JPG
P7211328.JPG
P7211345.JPG
P7211339.JPG
Remus

Re: Cali Cat Yakkers Fishing Report 21 JUL 2018

Post by Remus »

Check out this video from a couple of weeks ago with Yakdat and myself. Yakdat was on fire catching the big cats.

https://vimeo.com/280116452

Remus
Jimbo_47
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Jimbo_47 »

Nice report and video Harry, and that 7 1/2 pounder really made that drag sing.
Looks like there was at least a slight riffle on the water, so when it's this hot, even the slightest of breeze helps. :clap:
wisocrazy

Post by wisocrazy »

Hey Remus. Didn't manage much while trolling. Small red on the way back to the launch made for fun return trip. Not too bad, picked up first 2 yak reds out there. Caught em off of boats but catching them in the yak is a whole new ballgame. Definitely looking to get back out.

This past weekend was father/son trip to the salt. Didn't take the yak but still had a blast. Fished maybe 30mins and managed some small trout but pretty much swam and hung out with my son. He's officially the double digits now (10) and growing fast. Have to enjoy the moments as they grow fast.

Yakdat, glad to officially meet you. You my friend are a fish catching machine. Seemed like every time I looked over, your rod was doubled over pulling in a bigun.

Will be out if town again this weekend making memories, but cant wait to get back out on the water. Tight lines fellas.
Remus

Post by Remus »

Take care brother and see you soon.
Remus