TexasKayakFisherman.com est. 2000

Kayak fishing the Lone Star State...

Kayaks and related gear for Sale
Breaking News on 7-12-18: The Blue Sky Boatworks Angler 360 took top honors winning Best Boat category at ICAST 2018 awards. Yea, it's that good!

Here are some closeup pictures of the new Blue Sky 360 Angler boats TGCK has in stock. It is loaded, completely thought out, endlessly stable, and fast. Peddle or motor - yup, there is a plug and play motor head that just enhances the opportunities for this fishing machine. It is an amazing platform for fishing.

For those who want a boat specifically designed for fishing, the 360°Angler sits comfortably between the bass boat and the kayak without compromising space, comfort, accessories, storage, stealth and the ability to get to those skinny/shallow waters the big boats can't. The Angler has gear tracks for rod mounts, comes with rod holders, has hull storage for rods and tackle boxes and much more.

Length: 13'4"
Width 48"
Weight: 140 lbs (w/o seat & drive), 170 lbs (with seat & drive)
CAPACITY: 500 lbs
CONSTRUCTION: Rotomolded Polyethylene, anodized marine grade aluminium.
Price: $3499

JK has hit a home run with the plug and play peddle and motor heads as the drive, itself, never is changed. All the Jackson FD kayaks and the Blue Sky Angler 360 will have these terrific options. Come see the BSA 360 and the other FDs at T G Canoes and Kayaks.
Attachments
IMG_0448.JPG
IMG_0446.JPG
IMG_0445.JPG
Good question. Top speed is listed at 5 mph. Some have said 6 - 7 mph and one angler said he reached 8 mph (I'm just repeating what Kayak Angler Magazine Editor Ric Burnley reported). I do not have information if there is a difference in speed with the motor head but hull speed is hull speed and i expect the cruising speed will be about the same. Thanks for asking.
Duane
512-353-3946
texasnavy05 wrote:What kind of speeds can be expected from the pedal drive in the BSA? Or big rig?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

The Big Rig is still in the prototype stage so the real speed is still not known. Because it is a regular hull, it will not be as fast as the 360 Angler but it will be STABLE and have a large capacity. The ability to paddle, peddle, and motor is the game changer.
Duane
512-353-3946
By Tombo
Took one look at a prototype last year and ordered one. Not for everyone but in my case I need to be able to stand up just to continue fishing. That and the fact the seat is raised. My body will be looking forward to picking one up once it arrives.
I really want to try one before I buy but it looks promising.

I can bet you that the first thing to break on those will be the seat. When you have to barrel down and pedal hard you are pushing hard with the legs and it will push on the seat and the seat anchor on the vessel and put stress where it is connected, both on the spindle the seat sits on or the base attached to the platform.
I have had so many chairs from home fail in that area. I see it as a potential failure with hard peddling.

Still want to try one and think they will be good. Impressive sitting and fishing platform.
SLP 7/14 AM

Four of us fished access number 5 across from Amig[…]

Is this still available?

New fishing reel

I just bought a PENN Pursuit 4000 on sale. What ro[…]

Mythman

Used to enjoy Mythman posts and meetups. What hap[…]