The Causeway Last Night

Drifting Yak
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

The Causeway Last Night

Post by Drifting Yak »

We fished the Galveston Causeway last night from the dark side (boat), and although we caught a ton of specs (90 - 100 specs, ranging from 12 to 20 inches, between three anglers) I wanted to give a shout out to the 4 kayakers who braved the elements last night.

The conditions weren't terrible but it surely wasn't for the faint of heart. When you couple 15 to 20 MPH with a strong and steady current, that was ripping for hours, you get conditions that will wear you down. It was difficult enough for us in a boat to hold position, and casting into and around that wind was a bear, so I cannot imagine how hard it was for you all.

Wet and tired - yes indeed - I bet you slept well!

In any case and whoever you are, you guys are hard core and I hope you caught more than your share! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Tight lines and be safe out there!

PS: The specs were nice and fat.....
Causeway Specs.PNG
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: The Causeway Last Night

Post by kickingback »

Love fishing the causeway lights. I always find fish in the lights out there. Well done! Thanks for sharing!
mmwaggie

Post by mmwaggie »

I have a feeling I know who it was. We were over at Tiki that night and when I rounded the corner from jones bay side to the galveston bay side that wind was kicking. Huge swells.
lahai1dj

Post by lahai1dj »

What were you using to catch them? Saturday I fished the lights protected from the wind (in the canals) and wasn't so productive (5 keepers and about 9 or 10 dinks).
Drifting Yak
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Drifting Yak »

Have used several different artificials with success but they wanted purple with chartreuse tails that night. :D