Launch Points for Dagger and Ransom Flats?

smtxom

Launch Points for Dagger and Ransom Flats?

Post by smtxom »

I've seen a few launch points on the Wade and Kayak Fishing Access points map but I wanted to get the opinion of those on here about what the best kayak launch points are for the Ransom and Dagger Island flats. The ones on the map mentioned above seem to be at dead ends or on pieces of road that I'm not sure I wouldn't get a ticket if parked on (Sun Ray Rd/ 1069 at Ingleside). Any tips are appreciated. Thanks!
Squatch

Re: Launch Points for Dagger and Ransom Flats?

Post by Squatch »

Launched there numerous times with no trouble
StevenM
Location: Fredericksburg and Aransas Pass Texas Wilderness Ride 135

Post by StevenM »

I've launched at the end of Beasley Road a few times with no problems and have used the Aquatic Center for access in to Ransom. Long paddle but vehicle is fairly secure
Been catching some Reds in the Flats behind the RV park
redneckyakclub01
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by redneckyakclub01 »

Sunray deadends at the water. It looks sketchy and is occasionally used as an illegal dump site. That being said, I've launched there quite a few times and never had an issue. Be courteous and pull your truck out of the way after you launch. That's the closest launch point I know to fish dagger flats. Fishing isn't always great there but it's usually at least good. The nice part is the large variety of water types close by. You have the icw, another deep barge channel, shallow shell, islands, mangroves, grass flats and potholes. I've only fished there in the spring and summer but I think it's probably a good spot year round.

Random rd ends at a public free boat ramp. FishI g is good down there too, just a little longer paddle to productive water.
smtxom

Post by smtxom »

Appreciate the feedback. I'll give those spots a try.