Lifetime Tamarack 120" Angler Kayak

Seanpwilliams98

Lifetime Tamarack 120" Angler Kayak

Post by Seanpwilliams98 »

Would this kayak be a good beginner kayak for me? I am 6' 1" and weigh 165 lbs. I plan to carry Three rods, a tackle box, and a smaller cooler. Mostly will fish saltwater (bay). It fits my price range almost perfectly. Another option I am considering is the pelican icon 100x angler kayak.
Newt556

Re: Lifetime Tamarack 120" Angler Kayak

Post by Newt556 »

Not a bad kayak but more for women and kids in my opinion. My 11yr old started on a lifetime 8ft yak served her well. If Im not mistaken the weight limit is 250# you come in under that barely if you take off 25% weight for max handling. Maybe some else can explain this. Basically you dont want to load a yak to its max weight. Try to find a yak a little bigger weight capacity yak I say around 325# would do. Check out academy they had some specials today when I was in there. Also keep a eye on Dicks they have kayak sales and they are usually pretty good. I picked my brother up a field and stream talon for less then $350 out the door on one of their sales and I used a 20% coupon from sports authority. Made out like a bandit that day. So look around and be patient their be sales in a few weeks.