Texas point report 2/27/16

jackinayak

Texas point report 2/27/16

Post by jackinayak »

Did not launch until 50 degrees which was 7AM. Winds early were as predicted at zero gusting to two MPH but exceeded predictions by getting up to about 10. Clear skies and outgoing tide. outgoing and outgoing and outgoing...stayed too long and had to walk and drag the yaks a little to get back to the truck. The Mrs fished with me for the first time in a while and finally got to test "Her" new ATAK. She caught two nice mid-slot reds on chicken boys and I caught one oversize 29" (9lb) and one 27". Jetty road is still in a major jam. Do not try to get past the biggest hole without 4 wheel drive.
Jedi
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Re: Texas point report 2/27/16

Post by Jedi »

Thanks for the report. Where did you get the small red light you attach to your kayak when hauling? I'm going to be purchasing a bed extender and getting rid of my truck rack when my Kraken 13.5 comes in.
jackinayak

Post by jackinayak »

I get those lights at the Bicycle Sports shop on IH 10 @ 11th Street in Beaumont,(Next door to Waffle House). They are relatively inexpensive $6.99 to 10 or so. I am on my third one; the first two were victims of float testing and now this third one (more expensive) seems to turn itself off somewhere between Beaumont and Sabine Pass. Think its vibrations or maybe climate change...duh I ddunno. I may order a different brand on-line soon as Bicycle Sports no longer has that cheapest one that worked so well out of the water.
Jedi
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Jedi »

Thanks
Piscator
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Piscator »

I have some red led lights I use on my bikes. Both are rechargeable through a USB connector and will last for many hours. I know I have gone on 4 2-hour rides without recharging.
Most all have several blink intervals. These will run $20 to $40 dollars, but no need for new batteries. Some are sealed good so they may take a quick dip in the water. Bicycle Sports and Kickstand will have several.