Any Fishing?

Redman27

Any Fishing?

Post by Redman27 »

anybody doing any fishing these days? this group has been silent for quite some time. Lets make some noise haha No fishing for me just been spending money on gear. Scored two bubba filet knives off gift cards from Christmas =)
castin4fish

Re: Any Fishing?

Post by castin4fish »

Waiting for warm weather. :lol: I bought two Bubba knives and gave one to my son for Christmas. Awesome knives. Filet a cat in no time.
Redman27

Post by Redman27 »

Yea those knives are great!! yea warmer weather cant come soon enough but I'm thinking of heading down river road and launching from LAzy L&L to chase rainbows on Monday hoping to land my first rainbow.
castin4fish

Post by castin4fish »

Good luck. My son is trying the upper Guadalupe above Canyon for white bass. Its too early for me. I will wait until they are fully up river. Same with Nuecces.
Yakin Teacher

Post by Yakin Teacher »

castin4fish wrote:Good luck. My son is trying the upper Guadalupe above Canyon for white bass. Its too early for me. I will wait until they are fully up river. Same with Nuecces.

Nueces run is ON!!!! If not almost over? We limited last weekend in no time flat. Saw a bunch of guys walking down from the property with a stringer of 100+fish. It was fun. Females in the river as of last Sunday. Put in off 281 and went up.

As for Canyon, my uncle went up Wednesday to the rapids and was skunked. Water temp cold by 2 degrees maybe to get them running. ANY CANYON LAKE NEWS for white bass? Hoping to try the river tomorrow - but will be in a PB to cover more water.
lucky78

Post by lucky78 »

Agree yakin teacher, the nueces is close to over. Ive been catching limits for 5 weeks now. the dinks were really showing up the last trip. Most of the big females were empty only 2 or 3 in a limit still had eggs. they started way early this year. it is going to be over any day out there on the nueces.
Jimbo_47
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Jimbo_47 »

The Nueces is running high muddy and fast because of the recent rains.
The run may be just about be over when the river clears up which could take over a week or so baring no more rain.