Storing Spec Rigs

tw1nny03

Storing Spec Rigs

Post by tw1nny03 »

How do yall store your spec rigs? I usally make my own so I dont have the cardboard and plastic cover that spec rigs come in when you buy it at the stores.
texnomad
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Re: Storing Spec Rigs

Post by texnomad »

My spec rigs just stay on a rod. I use small snaps so I can change lures as often as I want to and leave the spec rig tied to the main line. When I loose one, I just tie another one from a small spool of mono I carry.
Big Kahuna
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: Sight casting flounder potlicking Mt Stringer and Osochuck

Post by Big Kahuna »

Think small baggies like a dealer would use in college.
Yakety_Yak

Post by Yakety_Yak »

I make my own spec rigs and they are tandem, sort of like the tandem ones you would buy out of the store. I store each tandem rig in a sandwich baggy. I usually make around 6 - 10 tandem spec rigs. After I place each one in a sandwich bag, all the sandwich bags go in a freezer bag and stored in a small tackle box I bring with me on the yak. Each sandwich bag is folded over once making sure that I take as much air out of the baggy as possible. When all the baggies go in the big freezer baggy, I make sure to take as much air out of that too. Once that has been done, I then fold that over equal to the size of the stacked sandwich baggies till I have a nice fold and it transports easily in my tackle box.

The reason I use separate sandwich baggies is because it keeps each tandem rig from tangling with others and it protects my 1/8 oz jig heads from getting saltwater on them and rusting. The reason for the freezer bag is to keep everything together and to add an extra layer of protection from the saltwater in case one of the sandwich baggies breaks.
vstrom650

Post by vstrom650 »

Wrapped up in a impossible knotted bird's nest and tangled up with my other tackle, lying loose in the bottom of my kayak. That way I can always find it.
Flippin' Crazee

Post by Flippin' Crazee »

I store them in old prescription pill bottles. Works great!
jopa

Post by jopa »

Flippin' Crazee wrote:I store them in old prescription pill bottles. Works great!
That is a great idea.
redneckyakclub01
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by redneckyakclub01 »

vstrom650 wrote:Wrapped up in a impossible knotted bird's nest and tangled up with my other tackle, lying loose in the bottom of my kayak. That way I can always find it.
Anyone who says they haven't been there probably isn't being honest with themselves. I know I have.
tw1nny03

Post by tw1nny03 »

redneckyakclub01 wrote:
vstrom650 wrote:Wrapped up in a impossible knotted bird's nest and tangled up with my other tackle, lying loose in the bottom of my kayak. That way I can always find it.
Anyone who says they haven't been there probably isn't being honest with themselves. I know I have.
Had this happened to me way too many times. This is why Im trying to figure out a way to store my spec rigs.
adanvjr

Post by adanvjr »

All my Tandem Rigs, Carolina, and Cork Rigs are each stored in their own Ziplock bags.

After that, I get the bags I'll need and put them all in a Gallon-size Ziplock bag.
cyclerj

Post by cyclerj »

Next time you go to the bank, ask them for a handful of currency envelopes. Then make your rigs, store them in the envelope and mark the envelope with what's in it.
krfish

Post by krfish »

Flippin' Crazee wrote:I store them in old prescription pill bottles. Works great!
That's a really good idea. Gonna have to do that.
rms2005

Post by rms2005 »

I use takle/leader binders such as this, all of my bigger leaders I use a little masking tape to tame them down. http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/h2o-xpr ... tid=517758" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;