allstar rods discontinue IM10X rods

brbjr

allstar rods discontinue IM10X rods

Post by brbjr »

This is what Academy and bass pro shop told me. Why.... I love my IM10X rod, it is my favorite rod.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
TexasGringo
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by TexasGringo »

do you know if they've been marked down yet? If so, i bet they don't last long. :wink:
brbjr

truth

Post by brbjr »

ok just called allstar .. they told me they are doing away with IM6X and I ask her what is replaceing the IM6X and she responded that the IM10X is going to replace the IM6X ... hmmmmmm ..

anyone have better info on what is going on ... doesnt G.Loomis provide allstar with there blanks...This is my theory, G.Lommis has quit makeing the IM6X blank ..
CaptJack
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by CaptJack »

AllStar makes their own blanks
brbjr

didnt know that

Post by brbjr »

I have always thought G.Loomis made alstar blanks ... thanks CaptJack
Blindcasting
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Blindcasting »

I've actually been told that All-star supplies other companies with thier blanks. The one I can remember off hand is Tournament Choice - which sounds kind of suspicious since the quaility of the 2 brands is so different.
M-D
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club
Location: No Matter Where I Go, There I Am. No Matter Where I've Been, There I Was. It's A Vicious Cycle.

Post by M-D »

Loomis blanks for a time were made in Mtn. Home, Arkansas. As I understand it now, they are made by Shimano in Japan. To the best of my knowledge and belief, Allstar makes their own blanks.

IM6 is a common designation for a certain modulus graphite. IM10 would be another, higher modulus graphite.

M-D
Lefty Ray
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Lefty Ray »

All Loomis blanks are made in Bainbridge, Washington. Even the ones which are labled "Shimano" are made in Washington. Look at the rod it has it printed on it.
M-D
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club
Location: No Matter Where I Go, There I Am. No Matter Where I've Been, There I Was. It's A Vicious Cycle.

Post by M-D »

I believe that what has happened at Loomis is that Shimano bought the company, giving them a US foot-hold. The blanks (and other portions?) are made in Japan, but shipped here for finishing, which allows them to still be labeled as Made in USA, and have the Washington company address. This is my understanding of the situation, anyway. I could be wrong. If indeed I am, then I stand corrected. Many of the top makers of rods have their blanks made either in China or Korea, but sent here for finishing.

M-D
Lefty Ray
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Lefty Ray »

Loomis got into financial trouble when their investment in graphite shafts for golf irons went south on them. Shimano bought a big piece of the action. The blanks are made here not Japan.

I understand the "make there, finish here" strategy but it does not apply here. From time to time getting a particular fly rod is difficult because the production is pumping out Shimano brand rods. In most cases the ladies give me a prety good timeframe of when to expect it.

The threat of all this production going overseas is always a dark cloud. I have been on the Loomis Pro Staff for quite some time and would hate to see that happen.
M-D
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by M-D »

Thanks for clearing that up, Ray! I dont like being wrong, but less so saying what isn't true.

Indeed, we live in a consumer/service-based society. It is inevitable that manufacturers will move off-shore to utilise cheaper labour. De-industrialisation has been a systematic invocation and official policy of the federal government for quite some time. This makes it hard for U.S.-made goods to compete globally and at home. The proliferation of inexpensive rods is good for the consumer in the short run, but in the end it all adds to the trade deficit which ultimately leads to the devaluation of the currency, etc. We buy cheap now, but one day will pay a very dear price.

M-D
Newt
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

DEINDUSTRIALIZATION OF THE USA

Post by Newt »

I believe we are already paying the price. It will only get higher in the future! :evil:
Carp

Post by Carp »

actually the Tournement choice rods arent' all that bad... if you have one of the old promo allstars (green w/ the same handle has TC rods) then you have a TC rod all they did was change the name... you but my allstar promo rod next to a TC of the same style and you couldn't tell the difference

justin