Surfside BTB - Sunday 8/9/15 - Coast Guard Launch

mnfisher

Surfside BTB - Sunday 8/9/15 - Coast Guard Launch

Post by mnfisher »

Plan on launching at about 8:00 AM and will be going towards the rig, but likely not all the way to it. Looking for kings, cleaner water and some practice before the Bluewater Kayak Classic.
on a mission
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: Surfside BTB - Sunday 8/9/15 - Coast Guard Launch

Post by on a mission »

Sure wish I could make it. Last trip only caught sharks, and a few days later the kings were on again for others. Good luck
Walteezy

Post by Walteezy »

I'll be around there in the morning. Probably just hang out near the 1st buoy. It's more of a family outing but upgraded my old steering on my PA. Gotta make sure it's nice and tight before the bwkc.
rafter

Post by rafter »

Adolpho,
How did it go? Any good fish around?
mnfisher

Post by mnfisher »

Sorry - could not get out...
Mythman
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club
Location: Cypress.......watching the weather to go BTB fishing!

Post by Mythman »

mnfisher wrote:Sorry - could not get out...
Ahhh Man, I was hoping for a report. Got to pick a place for Friday...........Freeport, BA-16, Matty rig or High Island.
mnfisher

Post by mnfisher »

Mythman wrote:
Ahhh Man, I was hoping for a report. Got to pick a place for Friday...........Freeport, BA-16, Matty rig or High Island.
I was going to go out with you tomorrow, but some inconsiderate client scheduled a meeting at 11 AM.
Mythman
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club
Location: Cypress.......watching the weather to go BTB fishing!

Post by Mythman »

mnfisher wrote:
Mythman wrote:
I was going to go out with you tomorrow, but some inconsiderate client scheduled a meeting at 11 AM.
Unfortunately, that's the way lot's of clients are!! :horse:
rafter

Post by rafter »

I was also hoping for a good report to take out the big boat (TI) on Friday looking for kings. Maybe I should head down to Corpus instead.
Walteezy

Post by Walteezy »

I was out there Sunday around noon until about 6. Since I was with the family, I couldn't get much fishing in. But regardless, the surf was terrible. I was about a mile south of the jetty and the water was just bad. Didn't even bother taking the yak off the trailer. So I casted out 2 lines with bait and kicked back and grilled fajitas with some cold beer. It's a shame because I just upgraded my steering on my 2010 PA and wanted to test it out before the bluewater Classic. But guess I'll have to wait until then. But other than that, there wasn't much of a bite. You could see whitecaps for as far as you could see and the waves were hitting hard. But it's supposed to calm down drastically within the next couple of days.
mpg2yahoo
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by mpg2yahoo »

Walteezy wrote:, the surf was terrible. You could see whitecaps for as far as you could see and the waves were hitting hard. But it's supposed to calm down drastically within the next couple of days.
Sounds exactly like Saturday morning although I did launch with white caps and all. They were product of high winds and since I had the sail kit I was counting on it.

Things calm down around 10:30am and water color line was just before the first buoy.

Trolled a line back/forward to the fifth buoy and had not a single bite.
yangjianhunt

Post by yangjianhunt »

I was bank-fishing on the jetty Sunday morning. The surf side by the jetty was actually very calm and I could see some clear water not too far away north side of jetty. It was windy and the channel side was very choppy. I could see waves of dirty water moving north later on . Didn't see bird or surface bait activity.