Rebecca Creek?

StuckInTheMud

Rebecca Creek?

Post by StuckInTheMud »

Has anyone fished rebecca creek since the epic flooding? Just wondering how the fishing has bounced back since then...
castin4fish

Re: Rebecca Creek?

Post by castin4fish »

Was actually thinking the same. Almost went this weekend and decided to do home chores instead. Lake level is back to norm and I'm sure the river has settled. Be curious to see how the fish reacted to all the spring rain. Wanted to camp there at the Lazy R&R Cove but heat keeps changing my mind.
jhb
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by jhb »

I went down to Rebecca Creek Ramp 11 on Saturday and the water is right up to the ramp. Ramp is open. Saw a few empty boat trailers there and a jet ski tearing it up in the creeks. Low trees hanging over the ramp at the bottom, so if you're taking a pb be careful.
Jimbo_47
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Jimbo_47 »

Ah yes, the infamous jet ski's! :evil:
Used to be they were a rare sighting at that ramp, but I guess those are just going to have to be the good old days from now on! :(
DrErk

Post by DrErk »

I launched at Rebecca creek a couple of weeks ago. Most of the trees are just under the water now so I doubt there will be jet ski problems for too long- hopefully a few inevitable accidents will turn on the three or four brain cells they have and they'll stay in deeper water.

I got to the lake after 9 am so was later than I would have liked. Stayed about three hours and caught two nice kitties on jug lines but no crappie (which I fished for after setting the jugs.)

Was super nice out there, but hot. Recommend you make the trip!