Lake Dunlap in NB

joel45acp

Lake Dunlap in NB

Post by joel45acp »

Wifey and I hit Lake Dunlap under IH35 and boy was it on fire. We both yakked our way about 1/2mile down from the ramp and it was off the chain. We used 2" brown/yellow curly tail grubs with a 1/16oz jigheads. The grubs yielded a few fish, but I did manage to hook into a 5+lbs bass for just a few seconds before it spit the grub back in my face. :lol: We switched to a Rebel crawdad crank bait and that's when the fishing went from good to completing off the chain. In about 2hrs I landed over 30 fish (huge longears and bass) fishing the edges. On several occasions I was getting hooked up as soon as the tiny crank bait landed on the water.
redneckyakclub01
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Re: Lake Dunlap in NB

Post by redneckyakclub01 »

Sounds like a lot of fun. I often catch bass, perch, and even channel cats on a small rebel crawfish right when it lands near the bank, especially with overhanging grass. I think the fish are waiting for grasshoppers to fall in and that craw simulates that pretty well.
Rotag

Re: Lake Dunlap in NB

Post by Rotag »

I live about where you were fishing and we have a private park and ramp. I am new to the area and would love some company fishing on Dunlop